Spring Along dies at Gatcombe

skint1

Visit site
RIP Spring Along-very sad news. My sincerest sympathies to Daisy and all the people who cared for him xx

sunflower

Visit site
Such terribly sad news for all concerned. R.I.P Spring Along.

3920878758_8b4263bb3a.jpg

wizoz

Visit site
I think there are a lot of reasons why Pod was so special to Daisy but one that sticks with me is that he brought her right to the top of her game, he was very special and will be a huge loss.

RIP Pod.

My heartfelt sympathies must go to poor Daisy and her family. xx :(

georgiegirl

Visit site
oh god what awful news :-( an incredible horse who LOVED what he did, you could just see it on his face.

So so sad for daisy, I'm truely gutted. That said, at least it will have been quick for him and it wasnt some horrific accident/fall, i think we should take some comfort from that.

ElleJS

Visit site
So devastated for Daisy, Pod is going to be sorely missed. One of the best event horses of the decade with out a doubt, they were a incredible partnership and together epitomised the real nature of the sport. :( Hope Daisy is doing ok, heartbreaking :(

Leg_end

Visit site
So devastated for Daisy, Pod is going to be sorely missed. One of the best event horses of the decade with out a doubt, they were a incredible partnership and together epitomised the real nature of the sport. :( Hope Daisy is doing ok, heartbreaking :(
Agreed. RIP Pod and best wishes to Daisy and the team.

MegaBeast

Visit site
RIP Spring Along. I had the misfortune to be right by the steps when it happened, a heart attack explains a lot as he failed to pick up with no apparent reason. I can confirm it was indeed very quick. Feel so sorry for Daisy and the connections, the love for Pod was very apparent by everyone's reactions.

alfirules

Visit site
RIP Spring Along,

I saw him earlier on the course and he looked in fab form as always and healthy and happy.

At least it was quick and he had a very good life to the end.

Thank goodness Daisy wasn't seriously hurt, my sympathies are with those that knew and loved him, it must be such a shock for them.

jules89

Visit site
he was amazing. the targets at 2007 Pratoni stick in my mind, shocked me when I heard the news earlier, what an ambassador for the sport, horsewise.

ajn1610

Visit site
So sad, Daisy is one of my favourite riders as at my first ever BE when I was bricking it walking the xc she was walking in front with her mother and basically held my hand and talked me through how to ride every fence. Had no idea who she was at the time, but she is a lovely person. I'm sure she must be devastated to have lost such a wonderful horse.

MegaBeast

Visit site
Just wanted to add 10 out of 10 to all the officials involved. I went over as am a qualified first aider so couldn't stand by and wait for paramedics and the fence judges asked what my connection was and summoned help promptly on the radio. Action was taken instantly and the paramedics and vet were very quick to arrive on the scene. It was good to see how swiftly and professionally the situation was dealt with.