Spring splat season

Surbie

Visit site
Doesn't my sleepy coblet look adorable, lying in his dinner?

sleepy coblet.jpg

However he's also talented at warp-speed sideways teleporting. I got splatted today because of Wheelbarrow Of Death. I should have known, he felt more than normally forward and spicy under saddle. This splat hurt.

Please tell me some of you are also feeling the impact of spring grass?

Now off to run a long, hot bath to lower my creaking self into. With all the Epsom Salts. All of them.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Doesn't my sleepy coblet look adorable, lying in his dinner?

View attachment 31380

However he's also talented at warp-speed sideways teleporting. I got splatted today because of Wheelbarrow Of Death. I should have known, he felt more than normally forward and spicy under saddle. This splat hurt.

Please tell me some of you are also feeling the impact of spring grass?

Now off to run a long, hot bath to lower my creaking self into. With all the Epsom Salts. All of them.
Lovely pic - buttercups wouldn’t melt in his mouth!
No info on grass but hope you aren’t too creaky tomorrow. Expecting a large hip/butt bruise?

DirectorFury

Visit site
He does look adorable (and innocent)! I hope you aren't too stiff tomorrow.

Mine has become the usual spring raving lunatic - it happens every single year from the end of March to the end of April. All requests for trot are met with a wonderful bouncy canter for about 3 strides before she tries to gallop off :rolleyes:. And she spends most of her ridden time looking for things to spook at when she's normally absolutely bombproof. I'm guessing she's got a week and a half of it left before she goes back to normal!

Pc2003

Visit site
Buttercups wouldn’t melt?!
Yes I almost died out hacking the other day. Haven’t ridden him since!
All because someone was walking the other side of the death heave. How dare they. It was so bad someone from the yard had to come and help me walk him home. Not cool

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Mine is fine under saddle but in hand he's turned into the biggest ever labrador puppy. Any opportunity to try to grab his lead rein and dance his way to the field....he's a tonne of heavy horse. I got a longer lead rope so I can stay out of range and pretend it isn't happening.

Shooting Star

Visit site
Yes we’re full of the joys too, had a close encounter with the pheasant of fear this morning but did manage to avoid testing the springiness of the spring grass - just 😅

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I was dressage writing today for the RC area combined training, lots of enthusiastic horses. I was glad to be sitting in a warm comfortable car exchanging cheery comments with the judge. the sj was even more interesting!

Was that at Ace? My RC was there. I hope they were OK.
My spring antics will probably start after Easter as I have been unable to ride since last week after having a minor op.

Surbie

Visit site
Lovely pic - buttercups wouldn’t melt in his mouth!
No info on grass but hope you aren’t too creaky tomorrow. Expecting a large hip/butt bruise?

Thank you - he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body but that's currently no comfort! :D I am ibuprofened up for the night. It was tailbone and seatbones & I'm very glad my mx5 is low enough that I can just kinda tumble out, even if it looks dodgy!

NinjaPony

Visit site
Every year I am always surprised that my normally safe and sensible Connie becomes an enthusiastic handful during April, and then I remember that this happens every year without fail thanks to the spring grass...
No falls *touch wood* but my schooling session today after 3 days off was *enthusiastic* and we had a near miss with a pony and trap that suddenly came trotting up the lane next to the school. One minute we were walking on a loose rein, the next we were heading off in the opposite direction at a pace! He then required much placating and handholding before normal service could resume🙄

NLPM

Visit site
He does look adorable!

I dared to ask my mare to step over a puddle today that can't have been more than 10cm wide and 5-6cm deep. She snorted continuously for a good minute, reversed at about 20mph and then leapt over it like we were in the Puissance. I showed husband the hatcam footage when I got back and he cried laughing at her ridiculous behaviour (and my squawking when she took off).

tatty_v

Visit site
Yep! My husband was chuckling at me and my fellow livery yesterday when we exited the driveway sideways on two over excited boys aged 19 and 21 who resembled 6 year olds! Hope you’re not feeling too sore today x

southerncomfort

Visit site
Put it this way....I am delighted that the saddle fitter can't come until next month as the idea of getting on one of the spring-grass-batty ponies does not fill me with joy and enthusiasm!