Springer spaniel rescue- useless owners

Michen

Visit site
Ooh, ooh, can I offer a stopover on one or both legs, and if only one, the return journey so I can meet him? (Oh, and Mr PF of course ?) Or a half way meeting point to pass him over, half an hour off the M6, 45 minutes off the M1.

I’m chucking him out of the car at Derby as heading that way, unless of course someone wants to run him further North for PF! ?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Ooh, ooh, can I offer a stopover on one or both legs, and if only one, the return journey so I can meet him? (Oh, and Mr PF of course ?) Or a half way meeting point half an hour off the M6, 45 minutes off the M1.

That's very kind but I think we're sorted. The only way my Covid-terrified brain is letting this happen is with minimal indoor people contact through the process. MrPF is happy to just drive and sleep in the car when he's tired, he's more concerned about doggo. I'm a bit more worried about it but also... not arguing with him. ?

Last edited:

PapaverFollis

Visit site
@Michen Not to be a creeper, but every time I see pics inside of your house I want to see more ? it looks like a neat old cottage of sorts. Nice features.

Spangle best not get used to it, not got the same level of interior design going on here! But "not chewing the candles" is a very positive sign.

Michen

Visit site
@Michen Not to be a creeper, but every time I see pics inside of your house I want to see more ? it looks like a neat old cottage of sorts. Nice features.

Ah thanks! I wish it was truly mine but it’s rented off an estate. My mother is an interior designer so it’s well kitted out and it’s a very cute cottage. I really should buy a house but detached cottages on rivers in Hampshire without another house in sight are somewhat rare and pricey, so it’s worth the wasted rent money for now ;)

Here’s a couple more for a nosy and a complete derail of the thread ?

And Henry is not allowed upstairs on that bed!

3B7A0F26-B8A8-444F-9252-A6EB37CF9B19.jpegE4183EB5-2D2E-42C2-AE83-20FA1F3A2B36.jpeg1DBC7984-79E5-4C7E-BC00-8569997C1EE1.jpeg

Michen

Visit site
We love Mr PF.

Does PF also get to take custody of the dog cologne?

Yeah. It’s actually “baby powder dog cologne”.

Tbf, he does stink, but thats because I bathed him at the yard with Tesco own brand baby shampoo and it doesn’t smell nice at all ?‍♀️

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Ah thanks! I wish it was truly mine but it’s rented off an estate. My mother is an interior designer so it’s well kitted out and it’s a very cute cottage. I really should buy a house but detached cottages on rivers in Hampshire without another house in sight are somewhat rare and pricey, so it’s worth the wasted rent money for now ;)

Here’s a couple more for a nosy and a complete derail of the thread ?

And Henry is not allowed upstairs on that bed!

View attachment 87836View attachment 87837View attachment 87838

It really is lovely. Both the cottage and the decor. I can definitely understand why it's worth the wasted rent money.

Auslander

Visit site
He looks like a Welsh Springer. Not many around now, and super working dogs. Full marks to you for taking him on!

Sorry - but he really doesn't! My family breed Welshies, and this dog, lovely as he is, is not one!
For a start, the only colour Welshies come in is red and white...
19942673_10155957228590730_4697256024733954908_o.jpg

Last edited:

some show

Visit site
Not sure if this is allowed but I have a “springer” spaniel in my care having taken him off some distantly known people who thought he would be a cockapoo- ffs. They literally wanted rid of him that second so he’s ended up with me because I’m an idiot and couldn’t bear them selling them to a worse idiot looking to make money.

From this to a brilliant home sorted in a day, fantastic work!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
We used to sell the dog colognes at the shop. ? NOT something I used my staff discount to stock up on when I left!
I've never understood why you would want to inflict something that we can smell on a beast with a much better sense of smell than ours. Must drive them mad.

Congrats on your new family member!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Thanks MrsM.

Thanks everyone for being as happy as I am! ? After being in slight processing a new development shock yesterday, a night of sleep has let it sink in and I'm just feeling excited to meet him and have him home now.

Lots to do! Need to tidy the boot room so he can have a bit of his own space where he can have toys that won't be nicked and destroyed by the Sprollie. I need some new dog beds and I need to refresh the older boys "settle on bed" so we have a chance of working on calm evenings from the off. ? tidying the boot room will involve sorting through all the dog stuff so at least I'll know what I have lurking around and know what I need to get for him.

Lists. There are going to be lists.

It will be a shock to the system having a young spaniel around again but I do actually feel confident about being up to it now.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Great news PF. Only just caught up with proceedings! When you expressed an interest but thought the distance prohibitive, I thought it could be sorted, it’s been done on here before, moving a dog across country by various kind HHOers!

I did tell MrPF about the possibility of a HHO shuttle but once he's decided he's going to do something himself that's that. I think he's looking forward to the heroic adventure. ? plus it gives them time to get acquainted and team up before little Henry has to deal with the rest of us!

PapaverFollis

Visit site