Sprocker stooped going into my garden

Visit site
Hi Everyone my sprocker (Mr Wilson) has stopped going into the garden and peeing in the house. He won't play with his ball or pick treats up off the grass this all started a couple of days ago. I've been reading about other people with dogs doing the same. There is a ants nest at the bottom of the garden which I will dig up tomorrow. We do live near a lake and get gulls flying over and magpies not sure if any of these has spooked him. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Mark

bonny

Visit site
Hi Everyone my sprocker (Mr Wilson) has stopped going into the garden and peeing in the house. He won't play with his ball or pick treats up off the grass this all started a couple of days ago. I've been reading about other people with dogs doing the same. There is a ants nest at the bottom of the garden which I will dig up tomorrow. We do live near a lake and get gulls flying over and magpies not sure if any of these has spooked him. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Mark
I’m not sure anyone on here can guess what’s bothering your dog, what’s he like out on a walk ?

PurBee

Visit site
there’s been lots of wasps this year, and ive found many small nests hidden by bushes etc at my place this year - they bother my dog - but she older and experienced with them and has a vengeful attitude towards them so isnt spooked, but if yours has been stung, being so young too, might be put off from going in the garden as its seen as ‘risky’ to him now?

Saying that, where i am the wasp activity is slowing down with it raining and being cooler at night now we’ve hit september…if your weather has remained sunny days, mild evenings they could still be fairly active, and your pup has been curious and been stung?

Bellasophia

Visit site
Could he be going through a fear period?
https://learn.theanxiouspet.com/fear/understanding-fear-periods-in-dogs/
Keep calm and upbeat with him.
To avoid indoor toileting I would get him to pee outside first thing,even going away from your garden for a really early walk so he has emptied himself and doesnt set up a habit indoors.
Get some new toys and work on getting his interest back on you whilst in the garden.
Stay with him when outside so you can observe if there is a cause for his worries.
He should have a urine test if this continues..UTI s are a possibility.