Spurs or no spurs?

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I think it is a marvellous idea but we would have to invent a way to not get electrocuted ourself.
Oh dear, back to school for you too. Rubber and leather do not conduct electrickery so rider will be fine. The 12v battery could be made with different mounting places to correct a horses lack of balance. Sorted.

ribbons

Visit site
Why will you respond to the question posed by opti shortly rather than straight away.

Oh yes, you need time to trawl tinternet for the best way to word your reply.

You are funny, I'm really enjoying this.

babymare

Visit site
Koen you really are the most offensive rude person going. Drunken yobs!!! oh yes it happens in every city in every ******* country by every yob of every country. Come and see the real England . Im seething. so angry . Wine needed

Bertieb123

Visit site
Yes Opti yes I can, very easily, you have to realise its a snap shot frozen in time. Can be very instructive or just that a flash moment.

And I will shortly.

The downsides of the internet. 10 000 miles away from the UK approximately and I come here face to face with British yobs excelling like no other yobs can. Not even in the wildest drinking haunts in this part of the world Im in right now do I see the same. Luckily it's also not high on the agenda for British yob holiday makers despite the age of cheap flights, not enough cheap accommodation.
Well at least you have given us credit for something we are good at!:eek: Oh but hold on I just realised you are sat in one of those drinking haunts you are talking about, might explain a few things:)

LaMooch

Visit site
Koen you really are the most offensive rude person going. Drunken yobs!!! oh yes it happens in every city in every ******* country by every yob of every country. Come and see the real England . Im seething. so angry . Wine needed

got some rose to calm you nerves. Have a good supply as I'm a drunken Yob!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Piglet

Visit site
Hey guys, do you think Koen is real???? Only wondering as he/she seems to be doing everything he/she can do evoke a response with the insulting, bitchy comments to get a rise as he/she has insulted everyone with his attitude

Auslander

Visit site
Hey guys, do you think Koen is real???? Only wondering as he/she seems to be doing everything he/she can do evoke a response with the insulting, bitchy comments to get a rise as he/she has insulted everyone with his attitude

I think he is Pale Rider in disguise!

Fully aware that he is just doing it for ***** and giggles, but hey - interesting input from others on the thread!

Elbie

Visit site
I think he is Pale Rider in disguise!

Fully aware that he is just doing it for ***** and giggles, but hey - interesting input from others on the thread!

He doesn't seem to answer the geniune questions, just spouts out insults.

Would be interesting to know what level they ride at. I've never competed higher than prelim and have only worn spurs a couple of times so that's why I've not really commented on my opinion of their use. But that is because I know I don't know what I'm talking about!

I also want to know how the video of Edward Gal supported their case that spurs should be banned...when Gal is wearing spurs. Curiouser and curiouser!

Mithras

Visit site

No, of course not!

But as long as he thinks he is real, that's all that matters.

Koen

Visit site
I also want to know how the video of Edward Gal supported their case that spurs should be banned...when Gal is wearing spurs. Curiouser and curiouser!

Study the videos and watch how the spurs are being used in both then compare. Don't draw a conclusion as to who is the better man, but which is the happier horse.

Then discuss, simple really even for an Elbie.

Regards

The Bot

Koen

Visit site

Yobs unite?

Koen

Visit site
Well perhaps Koen from Australasia has some videos of his teaching and demo clinics he could share with us?

How could you've known! You've just not so disingenuously (a first perhaps) managed to to be spot on. I've just in fact booked my airfare Australia bound.

Unfortunately Im apparently flying something called "Jet Star" this time. It all goes swimmingly until I reach Sydney. Stuffed and wined and then 'Jet Star', just Jet Star. The smirks this ilicited, Im almost sure its going to be fun? Wonder if this is what the Australians maybe call dogging?

Unless I want to spend five hours feeding cockatoos in the Sydney botanical gardens it's Jet Star. Air travel all gone to the dogs.

I was asked if I would like a drink, insurance, a meal even confirmation of booking, these are the extras!

You would have to be able to say Kung Hey Fat Choi if you were trying to guess where I and rather surprisingly (myself included) am at the moment.

Remarkably fitting (though not a coincidence) this being The Year of the Horse. Hope I made a difference.

(I have spent five hours, well just under three with Cockatoos in the SBotG before it's incredible. What a privilege. They don't fly down and perch on just any ones arm either. You are first given the going over, very careful inspection before you are chosen for jet further scrutiny. Character test, intention tested and means tested then finally performance tested. Huge great white wild birds with an electric brain and beauty. Stunning.
Yes its illegal to feed them, no I didn't flaunt my hotel hamper. I appear in hundreds of tourist snap shots huge birds on both arms as mini train after train of less able visitors were carried past cameras at the ready, many from thia prt of the world)

Koen

Visit site
Spurs are unnecessary. Anything that is so commonly and so easily abused and can be abused should be banned, from the top to the bottom, amateur to professional.

They're gadgets and not legitimate pieces of equipment. Not in 2014.

Learn not to move your feet around when giving aids. Simple really. Might take longer and you might end up in a ditch so what.

Auslander

Visit site
Learn not to move your feet around when giving aids. Simple really. Might take longer and you might end up in a ditch so what.

Interesting! How do you apply different aids for different movements then? I fail to see how you can ride a line of one-time changes without moving your legs.

Elbie

Visit site
Study the videos and watch how the spurs are being used in both then compare. Don't draw a conclusion as to who is the better man, but which is the happier horse.

Then discuss, simple really even for an Elbie.

Regards

The Bot

Bit rude!

But my point is, your argument was that spurs should be banned entirely. So shouldn't you be showing us a video of a happy horse performing high level dressage with a rider not wearing spurs to support your theory that they are unnecessary?

LaMooch

Visit site
Koen reminds me of a Politian where you ask them a question and they answer with a load of rabble that does not respond to the question asked