Spurs

How much for this pony

• Total voters

Tempi

Visit site
I use long blunt spurs for schooling and ones with rowls for lessons and competing. Its the same for jumping - i dont wear them to hack out in.

You need to get a quick response from your leg aid in dressage and Bloss is often a bit slow and lazy off the leg. Especially now shes learning harder movements i really need to be able to pick her up off my leg.

Puppy

Visit site
Only one of the horses that I've owned in the last few years have I worn spurs with, and that was only for a brief time.

Honeybee

photobucket.com
If it works for you
tongue.gif

Helena88

Visit site
i wear them either if im schooling on the flat or jumping courses/lines/etc

if i im just having a jump over a few fences i dont always bother

with hacking it depends

although sometimes ill not wear spurs for schooling on the flat, and just take a schooling whip, so he doesnt get dull to them

Claireg9

Visit site
I use them from time to time schooling, but there very small almost like dummy ones! there just to give me an extra bit of sharpness when schooling, as although my horse is very fizzy, she gets cross about this schooling malarky and she goes on strike in walk and wont trott so instead of me kicking the hell out of her i squeeze with these and hey presto!

spaniel

Visit site
Nope, horse doesnt need them. Im quite happy to use them if required to refine something but dont put them on as a matter of course.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
CLASSIC GT'S!
grin.gif

is that while you ride with a Gag on the bottom ring and a Standing Martingale?

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no - I actually need them!!!
confused.gif

Nic

Visit site
I wear them on D for the jumping phases but not for hacking, schooling or dressage. I don't use them for jumping at home either.

katiejaye

Visit site
I wear them for schooling and competing as Louis can be a little dead to the leg...they are very small ones though. I don't need them for jumping though...he's plenty quick enough off the leg!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I only used small blunt ones a few times when competing my old horse but i dont really like using them as i am worried that i am gonna put a hole in their side as i have never been taught how to use them properly.

Luckily my new horse doesn't need spurs or a whip

pocket

Visit site
I use them for showing and occasionally in the school if I'm learning something new ie lateral work, as I'm rather small and Ralphs rather large
grin.gif

BBs

Visit site
Wear spurs pretty much all of the time - long ones for competition or schooling, shorter for jumping and hacking out - and only hacking out if ive ridden a horse before who was being schooled.

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
Not on Ian yet, but trainer has suggested i start using them on him to refine things

ALWAYS on pickles, regardless if i am wlaking down the road (rather ESPECIALLY if i am wlaking down the road) only small ones though....

matthew

Visit site
Only on 1 horse i had when showjumping and during dressage training!
I agree in principal but hate seeing kids using them! saw a girl at a comp a few weeks ago who was on a t/b that was bounching all over the place-she was hauling at his mouth round the x/c and jabbing it in the ribs with spurs-i mean for god sake talk about mixed measages!

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i dont really like using them as i am worried that i am gonna put a hole in their side as i have never been taught how to use them properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give you a lesson.

KICK

There you go, lesson over.

JessPickle

Visit site
I use them flatwork because he is a lazy git! probably doesnt even feel them through his many insulating layers! and if you dont wear them well.......................... he will basically laugh in your face and humiliate you by not cantering in dressage!

teapot

Visit site
Have only used them when I've needed to / they've been put on me etc.

Didn't think my lower leg was secure enough but obviously instructor did and she was like "use them Vic, didn't put them on you for no reason"

And wore them when I hacked out the RS ponios as needed a bit more response at times.