SS is back

popsdosh

Visit site
The most georgeous horse in racing is back!
I have to eat my words and that I dont mind doing. I never thought he would return . He was his old self today with the swagger back.
He needed the race and lets face it he should have beaten them by half a furlong but it was just great to see the enthusiasm there again.
I take my hat off to NN and the owners for the achievement.

Last edited:

scotlass

Visit site
I, too, at one point wished this beautiful horse would be retired following the early days of his comeback from his cardiac problems which, at times, was painful to watch .. but that was a very, very good performance today. I also hope that Nico de Boinville keeps the ride on him. Great to see Somersby in 2nd .. a bit of a character - trained by a couple of characters .. and who, himself was on the comeback from a summer of treatment for kissing spines.

Faugheen, on the other hand, had his colours lowered by a potentially great horse, and at times, looked a bit ordinary.

Alec Swan

Visit site
……..
I have to eat my words and that I dont mind doing. …….. .

Agreed. I heard that he was running and my heart sank. THEN I saw him in the paddock. I'm not sure that I've ever seen him look so well.

Just as a bonus, he really is a striking horse, visually. He won't be the only one, but when they're done with him he can come and live here and I'll ride him out to check my sheep. He'll want for nothing.

Thrilled for the Owners and the Trainer, but mostly for the Horse himself, and the yard full of Staff and all those who's lives revolve around such animals. It'll be some race and some horse to eclipse that, this season.

Alec.

Knockadoon

Visit site
Sommersby still looks awkward jumping with the head up. I love seeing the big NH horses come back. Fave time of the year for racing.

Brummyrat

Visit site
Im another one who watched the recording through my fingers but when he started to take off I couldn't believe it, I honestly thought we'd seen the last of him after his heart problems and would've been happy to see him safely retired. Praying now that he has one last hurrah this season. Oh and Alec I'll fight you for him :) Ive watched racing for 40 odd years and Ive honestly never seen such a stunning individual, he really has the wow factor!

KautoStar1

Visit site
It was a great performance. Good to see him back to somewhere near his best. It's a long season ahead but fingers crossed he is on the right road now.