St Moritz Junior

timmy1977

Visit site
Hi does anybody have any opinions on the young stallion st moritz junior, we are thinking of using him on our mare and wondered if anyone knows much about him? im aware hes very young so hasnt done alot but wondered what peoples opinions are? thanks

not_with_it

Visit site
If I were you I would give Cheryl a ring at Flax Lion. Shes really helpful and will tell you everything you want to know.
She has been more than helpful with me over the past year and even went out of her way to ship the semen to me over the weekend. Unfortunately dont know anything about the stallion though.

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
He's only 3, but ever so smart from what I can see on pics & videos. It's always hard to tell with a young stallion who hasn't done anything yet, hasn't finished growing, has no foals on the ground & you can't go and see in the flesh unless you fancy a little trip to Germany. It is likely to be a bit of a gamble.

But my own opinion is that it probably is worth the gamble. From the general look of him, he probably would suit a slightly chunkier mare, but he looks like he could turn his hoof at anything - he can move and he can jump! Certainly one to watch.

Cheryl at Flax Lion is very helpful as nat1003 said.

I took one similar gamble last year with one of the Flax Lion stallions, Bon Balou, also 3 with no competition record, no foals on the ground, just on pedigree & looks. I don't regret it for one second. The service was fantastic, the semen was great quality, the mare took first cycle and the resulting colt foal is gorgeous, with a very uphill trot, a beautiful forward, determined walk, a super balanced canter with a fantastic hind leg action. And his temperament is great, friendly but respectful, bold but not bolshy. Frankly I'm thrilled with him. A gamble that paid off I think!

timmy1977

Visit site
thanks for your replies, we used don ricoss last year so was in contact with cheryl and she was very helpful, but just fancied the opinions of some people who arent associated with the stallion. i agree it would be a bit of a gamble as he is so young but we definately like the look of him so might go for it, it is out of him and don ricoss again this year. i actually like the look od bon balou for our locarno filly aswell but i think on the website it says they dont ship his semen to this contry so i will have to double check that, although i think we are going to go with cashpoint for that one now. thanks again for replies