Stable camera without WiFi

kathrynmaci

New User
Visit site
Hi, I have just seen this thread, hoping someone sees this message.
I'm looking for a camera for a field like area for my horses. The reolink duo 2 (with battery) looks great but just wondering if anyone has this & knows does it work without a sim card? The field has no electricity near, no mobile phone coverage and no wifi. Is this the best camera for me or would anyone suggest anything else?

welshcobabe

Visit site
Just a small point if you are on a livery yard make sure the owners are happy for you to put a camara up. As a friend of mine was told to takes hers down as other liveries had complained that it invaded their privacy. I know some people :(

I do think they are brilliant idea.

darcip

Visit site
Hi, I have just seen this thread, hoping someone sees this message.
I'm looking for a camera for a field like area for my horses. The reolink duo 2 (with battery) looks great but just wondering if anyone has this & knows does it work without a sim card? The field has no electricity near, no mobile phone coverage and no wifi. Is this the best camera for me or would anyone suggest anything else?
I wouldn't recommend a reolink as I had two and they broke within 2 months.

rextherobber

Visit site
I've had Reolink for 8 years now with no major issues - those I have had have been caused by the strength of the signal rather than by the camera it's self. I had an issue with a battery on the Go camera once and Reolink sent a replacement without charge, I really rate them, they are so simple to set up and move around. But as Sandstone1 says, they won't work without a sim card.

kathrynmaci

New User
Visit site
Ah that’s a shame, a SIM card wouldn’t work as you don’t get mobile coverage or WiFi on the area! Does anybody have any other suggestions of cameras that would be more appropriate for me?

rextherobber

Visit site
The only thing I can think of that will work without wi fi is a battery operated wildlife camera, but obviously you can't watch that live or get motion alerts from it, so if you want tmit for security/ to check hirses, not much use. You could ask Reolink, they are super helpful?