Stable cameras

TreeDog

Visit site
Horse is in overnight now and I've thought about getting some kind of stable camera to get an idea of how long his hay lasts, does he lie down much etc. I have seen wildlife cameras for about £40 that can be set on time lapse modes rather than motion trigger, so could take a photo every 10 minutes or so to get an idea of what he's up to. Has anyone used something like this?

BlackRider

Visit site
I use a reolink 2 - it can save to a memory card, but I use it with a wifi hot spot which lists me view in real time.

Shay

Visit site
If you only want to veiw it later use a go pro on timelapse. Remember to put it well out of the way so horse can't nibble!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I have cameras in all the stables, it's my favourite evening viewing :) We have security cameras in various places on the property so just put them in the stables when the system went in. Not much goes on in there, but it is nice to see them lying down.

DaveSkywalker

Visit site
We had a setup of network IP cameras in the stables that were connected to the house network via ethernet over power connectors. This allowed viewing via any device on the house network and opening up a port on the router allowed access externally. Was really useful while doing foal watch

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
We had a setup of network IP cameras in the stables that were connected to the house network via ethernet over power connectors. This allowed viewing via any device on the house network and opening up a port on the router allowed access externally. Was really useful while doing foal watch
Would be extra useful if we had some now....*cough, go put them up lazy, cough cough*

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We have four little cctv cameras, three in the fields and one by the front door. The three in the fields are connected wirelessly via a wifi dongle (I have a couple of power banks to ensure that the dongle box stays powered up) They would work inside the stables and may well go in there when the girls come in over winter. Each camera was less than £60 from amazon. I would make sure that any camera is out of reach (selfies of noses get a little repetitive :) ) I see the pictures and video's via an app on my phone.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I have them all over, not top quality, but the system was around £170 and I can view either later on the system or on my mobile phone from wherever I get a signal.

Good enough to see if they have hay and water. I also watch to see what time OH is fetching in when I am at work.

I was going to attach a photo but HHO says it is too large.

Visit site
We have four little cctv cameras, three in the fields and one by the front door. The three in the fields are connected wirelessly via a wifi dongle (I have a couple of power banks to ensure that the dongle box stays powered up) They would work inside the stables and may well go in there when the girls come in over winter. Each camera was less than £60 from amazon. I would make sure that any camera is out of reach (selfies of noses get a little repetitive :) ) I see the pictures and video's via an app on my phone.

Could you link to the cameras by any chance on Amazon? They sound ideal.

Tigertrot

Visit site
Really interest
ed

Tigertrot

Visit site
Really interested in this
I have looked at Rydale but the best I can get on 2 bars is EE tried other friends mobiles ie vodaphone
Please could you explain the dongle thing for a numpty

YorksG

Visit site
Really interested in this
I have looked at Rydale but the best I can get on 2 bars is EE tried other friends mobiles ie vodaphone
Please could you explain the dongle thing for a numpty
The dongle is a mobile broadband box, ours is EE, you can get them on contract or pay as you go (I think). We have a 2gb one for outside (we have another for the house as we can't get proper broadband which works). The dongle then sends the picture or video to the phone. I do have ours attached to a power bank most of the time, as it doesn't hold charge well, unlike the cameras which are pretty brilliant. :)

BlackRider

Visit site
The mobile dongles are great, I have 2 and rotate them, you need to get the ones with a built in power bank though as some one the others only last for 6 hours.

Sleepy pony :)IMG_3369.jpg

Sandstone1

Visit site
Id love to be able to set up camera's to keep a eye on mine.
yard is 8 miles away. Has electric but no broadband. I've broadband at home but not tech savy at all.
would I be able to set up something affordable with a dongle?

YorksG

Visit site
The set up of four camera's cost about £200 and the 2gb dongle is about £12 per month. It works at a distance, I can see our camera's on the phone at work, either stills from the alert from the motion senor or I can activate them in real time, there is also the "playback" facility, where the camera records a short video when it takes the still, if that makes sense.

Tigertrot

Visit site
So
If i purchased a wifi camera I have mains electric
If i buy a dongle to boost the 4g would I plug this in at the field ? I presume
Then set up to view on my phone
Sorry this is really basic

YorksG

Visit site
So
If i purchased a wifi camera I have mains electric
If i buy a dongle to boost the 4g would I plug this in at the field ? I presume
Then set up to view on my phone
Sorry this is really basic
If the camera is inside you could have it plugged in all the time, but ours last a long time on one charge (depends how often the motion sensor goes off) The dongle could be left plugged in, ours is by the stables and reaches the camera's in the field. The camera came with instructions about which app to use and I have added the other three to the same app as I've got them.

Tigertrot

Visit site
If the camera is inside you could have it plugged in all the time, but ours last a long time on one charge (depends how often the motion sensor goes off) The dongle could be left plugged in, ours is by the stables and reaches the camera's in the field. The camera came with instructions about which app to use and I have added the other three to the same app as I've got them.
Thank you!
Will try and suss it out

Haphazardhacker

Visit site
We have stable cameras. We have power but no WiFi. We use a dongle which costs £20 every three months. Love my cameras can keep an eye on things. If you are in south east I can put you in touch with my chap. Although I think he posts his units.