Stable Doors

helen123

New User
Visit site
Hi

Had 6 stable doors stolen from our yard near Consett, County Durham, any information gratefully recieved. Also if we replace them any suggestions on how we can secure them as we dont want this happening again, the screws in the doors were drilled out so need some good ideas if anyone has any.

Dolcé

Visit site
We had 5 stolen some years ago when the place we moved to was between tenants and empty for a week before we moved in, they were replaced and never stolen again. Hopefully it will be a one off and they will have been stolen to order as Im not sure what you could do to stop it.

LeeBradley

New User
Visit site
Unbelievable. Cant believe what they will steel these days. Maybe an alarm would be a good idea. I just brought a mobile alarm from a company called Heidi Security. Works really well. Plus i'v found that because its mobile i can use it anywhere.
Hope you don't have any more problems with theft.

Rollin

Visit site
Showing my age!! What is the world coming too? But then people will steal rugs off horses in the middle of winter.

A few thoughts, you could burn your post code onto each door or mark them with a special pen only visible under flouresecent light.

When we lived in the UK we were able to purchase a special padlock with a metal cover for the screws. This stopped anyone from removing the door. You will have to hunt I can't remember where we bought it.

I never lock my tack room now or my house unless I am going on a long journey!!

helen123

New User
Visit site
Hi

Post coding the doors and marking them is a really good idea I will do that when we replace them. Its so annoying as we dont want to replace them and risk loosing them again.

Cheers