Stable economy v. reversing the ban

Nigel

Visit site
Hi,

Personally I do not believe the economy will destabilize if the Tories get back in power. So I will pick reversing the ban.

Cheers

Nigel

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
mmm how about

"invading foreign countries all the time Vs a regulation system for hunting that works"

If you really thiunk the British Public is choosing between an ineffective wildlife regulation and the economy then you really are nuts.

loony_anti

Visit site
I'm going to surprise you now and agree with you. It was madness to invade Iraq and madness to devote so much time to hunting in Parliament only to end up with a shoddy piece of legislation. The point is: what do we do now? I just don't think hunting is a major issue for the great majority of people when they vote: they care about defence, the economy, public services etc... If I voted in the UK (which I don't) I'd be prepared to vote Tory despite their stance on hunting IF I liked their main policies. But Labour are doing a reasonably good job with the economy so I'd probably vote for them.

AlanE

Visit site
Loony: Labour have got away with their policies only because the world economy has been growing. Hard times may be coming and they will collapse. Historically, tories have always been trusted more than Labour on the economy.

loony_anti

Visit site
That may or may not be true, Al. The point is that most people aren't going to vote at the next election on the basis of what the parties say about hunting. It simply doesn't feature on the radar as a key issue. The next point is that Labour have had three terms in office to mess up the economy and they haven't. As a person presumably aching for the Tories to get back in, this is a big problem for you.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I don't think any one has claimed the election will be decided on the basis of the Hunting Act.

I voted Labour until Foot and Mouth.

I'm sure 50,000 - 650,000 dead Iraqis have made more difference to the voting than hunting.

I could never vote for a party whose leader lied to take us into war.

A vote for Labour is a vote for the Iraq War.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
You don't progress the debate very well do you. Could you re read the previous post it reads:

"However they were at least clear that the purpose of the war should be to topple Saddam. "

I've never voted Tory. My MP stands for a sensible law on hunting. I voted for him.

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I've answered your question. They justified the war on the basis of toppling Saddam. If you can read the previous sentence then you'll see that it means they were pro the iraq war.

If you want to move on, fine.

Why do you think the HA requires flushed out animals to be shot?