Stable Lighting - No Electric

Amie-Sian

Visit site
Hi all, just wanting your opinion, i have recently rented out a field that unfortunately has no mains electric, i've been looking into different options available (car battery, solar…) and i'm not sure what will be best for me, I only need something to light the inside of a 12x12 stable and possibly a light on the outside of the stable to see what i'm doing there. I have come across a lighting option from Mr Beams that can be used with a remote control. Does anyone have any experience with this system also ?

Hoping to find something that is good for what I need and wont break the bank as the set up has already cost me a small fortune.

TIA

OldieButGoodie

Visit site
I use solar flood lights - not for the stable but in the field to light my way across it during dark mornings/evenings. I think something similar could easily be used within a stable. The ones i have installed in the field are remote controlled and this works really well. i got them online from solar centre but you can get them on Amazon too.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi all, just wanting your opinion, i have recently rented out a field that unfortunately has no mains electric, i've been looking into different options available (car battery, solar…) and i'm not sure what will be best for me, I only need something to light the inside of a 12x12 stable and possibly a light on the outside of the stable to see what i'm doing there. I have come across a lighting option from Mr Beams that can be used with a remote control. Does anyone have any experience with this system also ?

Hoping to find something that is good for what I need and wont break the bank as the set up has already cost me a small fortune.

TIA
What my yard owner did in the past is a windmill connected to a battery

http://www.reuk.co.uk/wordpress/wind/make-a-mini-wind-turbine-battery-charger/

Annagain

Visit site
This is really good as a cheap solution - as long as you remember to take it home to recharge it! As it's moveable, you would only need one for inside and outside the stable. I use it to supplement our fairly weak floodlight (singular) in the school and it lights up about 1/3 of the school so it's pretty bright. Might do, even if it's just for a while until you can afford something more permanent?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/diall-led-rechargeable-led-work-light-23w-12-240v/7042k

poiuytrewq

Visit site
This is really good as a cheap solution - as long as you remember to take it home to recharge it! As it's moveable, you would only need one for inside and outside the stable. I use it to supplement our fairly weak floodlight (singular) in the school and it lights up about 1/3 of the school so it's pretty bright. Might do, even if it's just for a while until you can afford something more permanent?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/diall-led-rechargeable-led-work-light-23w-12-240v/7042k
I’ve bought this or similar to light up a stable away from the rest of the yard so it wasn’t worth taking electric too. It’s pretty good. I used a heard torch last winter so this year will be luxury!