Stable management software

rightsaidfred

New User
Visit site
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie here looking for some advice.
I run a small livery yard, and I've been considering investing in some stable management software. I want an app which I and my livery clients can keep up to date with things like farrier appointments, feed times/quantities etc. etc.
I've seen there are a few tools out there that do this kind of thing like Barn Manager and Stable Master. I was wondering, does anybody have any experience with something like this either as a livery client or a yard owner? Do you find them useful?
Thanks!

Starzaan

Visit site
I used a system like this when I was running a very very large yard. We had almost 150 horses on site - a mixture of polo ponies for polo, polo ponies for teaching, riding school horses, full and part liveries, and hunt hirelings.
I used it for lesson booking, horse records, and all sorts of other things.

The most useful thing was the records. Having a reminder flash up every Tuesday to say that so and so needs vaccinating tomorrow and these horses need showing (we had the vet and farrier every Wednesday) was fabulous. Really helped when dealing with so many horses.

I could also input vet notes so if an owner wasn’t there, they had a record of what the vet had said and what has happened.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I used a system like this when I was running a very very large yard. We had almost 150 horses on site - a mixture of polo ponies for polo, polo ponies for teaching, riding school horses, full and part liveries, and hunt hirelings.
I used it for lesson booking, horse records, and all sorts of other things.

The most useful thing was the records. Having a reminder flash up every Tuesday to say that so and so needs vaccinating tomorrow and these horses need showing (we had the vet and farrier every Wednesday) was fabulous. Really helped when dealing with so many horses.

I could also input vet notes so if an owner wasn’t there, they had a record of what the vet had said and what has happened.

As soon as I saw the thread title I opened it to say "Ask Starzaan!" 😀