Stable matting recommendations

whiteflower

Visit site
About to re mat whole block of stables as old Mats are over 20 years old and getting tired . I'm looking for a company that will come and fit for me (I've cut them myself before and the blisters lasted for months !)
I want good quality mats and may possibly get them sealed. Has anyone had a company in to fit mats and if so
who would you recommend ?

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Was I the only one to read that as stable mating recommendations :)

If you post this in your regional area , then you can get local recommendations. :)
Or say where you are ?

whiteflower

Visit site
'matting' is the stuff made of rubber that goes on the floor 'mating' is what animals do ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm thinking more one of the big nationwide companies, I've been looking at the interlocking easimats as they look easy enough to fit myself and are light as Eva. Any opinions on thick Eva over the heavy rubber mats ?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
we put mayo mats in two winters ago (I'd previously had the heavy rubber mats on livery, but never lifted them as they had been down so long they were pretty much welded together!). I was sceptical of the mayos but they are actually really nice and as both of ours are getting on in years I do think probably helps them out a bit, compared to the hard rubber.

I had easimats in my lorry, that was nice too but had spread so I had to trim it a little (I didn't install it so not sure whether they had accounted for that).

Sophire

Visit site
I've inherited equimats in my stable. They don't fit perfectly unfortunately but my goodness I love them!! I will be replacing them in the next few years.

JillA

Visit site
I have 25mm EVA with rubber topping, from Diamond mats (ebay). Much preferable to rubber mats IMO - light and relatively rigid so easy to move. Easy to trim and a good depth so good shock absorption

ptine

New User
Visit site
I went on a equine vacation in america and the stables there had a rubber flooring like the stuff you would find on a kids playground. I didn't have any joints in it and looked a lot easier to keep clean. I will have a look on https://stalldestinations.com/ to see if i can find the farm again.