Stable name plate

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'm very sick and bored today so I'm looking for a name plate for Bobbies stable, but not sure what sort. Frankie had an amazing one by Helens Welsh Pony Plaques which I love and is now up on my garden fence, but they seem a bit too comedy for Bobbie. I wondered if anyone had anything unusual for their horse or any recommendations?

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I had one done by Donnna Hoe on Facebook. It's got Mary on it in red letters and has a little horse head that I painted her markings on. It's also got a handy hook for a headcollar. You might be able to see it in my profile picture on here, I love it :)

Surbie

Visit site
I'm searching for my creative side and making one for Archie & also one as a present for one of the liveries at my yard who is just lovely. I've got the font and artwork sorted, just need to trace it on, lightly chisel it out, paint and varnish. Obviously if they turn out hideous they will go on the fire...

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
my horses know which is their stable & everyone else at the yard knows them as well. We don't need signs telling us where to go & we also have the cost of the signs still in our pockets for important things. ;)

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'm not well a lot of the time and get help from all sorts of people who might not know which is her stable as this is a much bigger yard. My long suffering OH is very vague about things like that! But to be fair, I'd be getting one anyway as Frankies is such a lovely keepsake, I really regret not having one for Leo and am even thinking of having one done retrospectively for him!. It makes me smile every time I walk past it in the garden :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'm searching for my creative side and making one for Archie & also one as a present for one of the liveries at my yard who is just lovely. I've got the font and artwork sorted, just need to trace it on, lightly chisel it out, paint and varnish. Obviously if they turn out hideous they will go on the fire...

Hmm, I am quite arty. I used to paint little model portrait ponies and dogs etc, so I'm sure I could knock something up myself. I might have a look see how much materials will cost vs buying on thats aready made.

JFTDWS

Visit site
TBF, I don't think you need to justify why you want a nameplate - they're a common enough accessory, useful in some set ups, and just nice to have in others. I've never had nameplates for the highlands, but if they have stables when I eventually buy land and bring them home, I will definitely be getting some. I did have one for my old lad, which is nice to have now he's not here any more.

Surbie

Visit site
Hmm, I am quite arty. I used to paint little model portrait ponies and dogs etc, so I'm sure I could knock something up myself. I might have a look see how much materials will cost vs buying on thats aready made.

I'm using a piece of spare 6" gravel board from the allotment, but you can get offcuts of pine etc from timber merchants pretty cheaply. I've got chisels, acrylics and some varnish from staining the dining chair legs a few years ago, so all of it is really cheap.

It's more that I get bored easily indoors...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
oops, sorry!

ours have nameplates at home, they are nice to have. On the yard the YO used to buy them the first christmas then everyone matched. Which does mean I have a spare!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'm using a piece of spare 6" gravel board from the allotment, but you can get offcuts of pine etc from timber merchants pretty cheaply. I've got chisels, acrylics and some varnish from staining the dining chair legs a few years ago, so all of it is really cheap.

It's more that I get bored easily indoors...

I'm not sure about chisel! I love my angle grinder, any sort of power tool really, but hammers and chisels are not my thing.

Surbie

Visit site
I'm not sure about chisel! I love my angle grinder, any sort of power tool really, but hammers and chisels are not my thing.

When the ex left he took the dremel...:) The chisels are mine, and I'll just be slower! My neighbours in the block may well grow to hate me.