Stable Rubber Matting

Visit site
Hi All
Any advise on rubber matting in stables and wall mats? I want someone who can fit them too. I have preciously had a bad experience with the lightweight Eva mats which have curled up and have stretched and distorted under weight. I have big warmbloods. Thank you in advance 😊

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Don't buy thin mats i.e.12mm, they will move under the weight & twisting & turning big horses do. Buy mats which are 17mm thick & beware they are very heavy to move around & fit. Finding someone to fit them shouldn't be difficult, any competent DIYer should be able to fit them, all you need is a tape measure, a straight edge & a Stanley knife with some new blades.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Equimats probably the thicker ones for big warmbloods, I have mostly the 12mm and are great for my little ponies. They are Eva and rubber mixed so don't squish the way Eva only. Just make sure you have the suggested expansion gap for the small amount they will expand.

Have just got equimats green wall mats and will be putting them up soon in one stable so will report back when they've been up a bit. You are welcome to come and look at mine ;)

dozzie

Visit site
I have equimats. They must have been down 15 years now. I have thin ones and thick ones. The thin ones are in the less used stables and for the ponies. The thicker ones for the lami prone or bigger horses. They seem to have stood the test of time and never smell! So I would say worth the investment. But they do move if not fitted correctly. I have cheap wall mats. They are thick but not up to a horse standing on them. Great for wall mats though.