Stafford BE

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
If you do go and its on, perhaps chuck an extra rug and haynet plus some water in, just in case the roads are bad afterwards and you have a tired horse on an even longer journey than usual...

Is it still a case of find out at 5am?

Pidgeon

Visit site
Good advice, they're updating between 11 and 12 tonight and then 5am tomorrow morning.
Just a word of warning to people last lot of heavy snow we had here it was crazy on the roads in and around Stafford and 5 minute journeys were taking over an hour :eek:

TopTotty

Visit site
Thursday 20:00 - There is no change to the status of the event - we are still running!! Weather is cold and windy, but the going is perfect! Lots of great comments from riders who have been up tonight to walk the course.

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Yes Im about 25mins from stafford up in hills a bit but i have 5 inches of snow lying and still coming down.
Hoping it turns to rain soon rather than the forecast continual snow.
I will be surprised if Sat isn't cancelled too now tho.

TopTotty

Visit site
EVENT STATUS: FRIDAY COMPETITION IS ABANDONED... FEW INCHES OF SNOW, HIGH WINDS AND POWER LOSS. PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL. Everyone should have now received their texts from BE and staff from the team.

Off to muck out then!!!!!!!!! If you get there over the next two days have a wonderful time and think of us that didn't get a run today.

Good luck everyone :D:D:D

TableDancer

Visit site
I am FB friends with one of the officials (he's either course designer or TD not sure which) and he is posting photos of the site - they are under a good 3 or 4" of snow, and there is more forecast. I'm afraid I really wouldn't be holding your breath about the weekend, anyone :(

Fanatical

Visit site
They have posted that a decision about tomorrow will be made mid afternoon today.
As above though, having seen the photo's, I'd be very suprised if it went ahead, especially as more heavy snow is forecast for Stafford tonight.

glamourpuss

Visit site
I think even the organisers are not expecting to run at all now. I gather they've been trying to work out what to do with all the food they had for the fence judges/stewards etc

I have to say looking at the photos & given more snow being forcast I cannot see how they can run :(

3bh

Visit site
This photo is being shared around facebook from one of the tradestands, what an utter shame for everyone. I know they stated earlier "they have abandoned todays competition" but I would thinkit goes without saying that means the whole weekend, looking at this!

526786_509571689089776_903675371_n.jpg

Pidgeon

Visit site
Had to shift 2 inches of snow off car this morning and we are due more heavy snow from 3pm today so really can't see it running at all. Bitterly cold here but at least the wind has died down a bit.

teapot

Visit site
BE have just tweeted to say 'all competition at Stafford on 23rd and 24th March has been abdanoned'

mil1212

Visit site
Such a shame it's my favourite event!! Feel sorry for all organisers who have worked so hard.

Same :( Love helping and competing there, but as it's quite high up and exposed I am not suprised it's bleak, that and the power outages haven't produced a good day for eventing. My coloured boy is mighty pleased he's not getting a bath in the snow!

anna22

Visit site
Was so sad it didn't run... really was looking forward to my first ever run. Fingers crossed for llanymynech although with the state of the river out that way it's not looking too good for when the snow melts :(

How does/when does the refund for the entry come about btw??

TopTotty

Visit site
If you booked online then the entry fee, minus the abandonment fee, will be credited back to the card you paid on. :) They will process as soon as they can and it is usually quite quick.

Such a shame for your first event to be cancelled....hope you have a good run at Llanmynech :D

Gamebird

Visit site
They will process as soon as they can and it is usually quite quick

*laughs hollowly* The record last year was three months for one event... Another refunded one horse within about 3 weeks but took a further two weeks to refund the other horse. Whilst I have no previous experience with Stafford I can only advise that you don't hold your breath.

beano

Visit site
I've never been refunded quickly either! I emailed Stafford to ask when refunds might be likely, but no response as yet. As a 1 horse amateur I need it back before I can enter something else.

anna22

Visit site
It was a shame, thanks Jeni I am fingers crossed for stafford although a visit to the vets tomorrow may end the hope of going to that one for me :(
Here's hoping...

Mhmm, would have liked to enter Bradwall but need funds back! Will have to wait and see! :rolleyes: