Staffordshire horseboxes

Matafleur

Visit site
Has anyone had any dealings with the above company? If so can you let me know your experience of the build and the quality of the finished box?

I will be looking for a new lorry in the summer and ideally I would like a 4.5t with some living. I would also consider anything from 4.5t to a very compact 7.5t but what I want seems to be like hens teeth. So I have been considering having a lorry built to spec but I don't have a Bloomfields or Kevin Parker budget (sadly!).

Staffordshire appear to be very competitive price wise and I do like the lorries I have seen in their fb page but I can't find a great deal in the way of reviews either negative or positive.

Thank you!

AFB

Visit site
I've hired one of their boxes for a weekend (probably about 5 years ago now) and was impressed by it. Light & airy, horses travelled well and was nice to drive.

Mari

Visit site
I had them build me a 3.5 in 2003 as I no longer needed a big box with living, I was delighted with my 3.5. My horses loved it. I went everywhere by myself & the little box was very much admired & lots of people wanted to know more about it. At that time there weren’t many around & I was told it was very well built. I had done quite a lot of research before choosing them & I found their after sales service excellent. I sold it last year & would be happy for them to build me another .

Matafleur

Visit site
I had them build me a 3.5 in 2003 as I no longer needed a big box with living, I was delighted with my 3.5. My horses loved it. I went everywhere by myself & the little box was very much admired & lots of people wanted to know more about it. At that time there weren’t many around & I was told it was very well built. I had done quite a lot of research before choosing them & I found their after sales service excellent. I sold it last year & would be happy for them to build me another .

Thank you so much for your feedback, that sounds very promising!

Frumpoon

Visit site
I've used them for transport and always been very impressed

They use John Oates to do the build and they're one of the old coachbuilders and one of the best

Lancelot

Visit site
They use John Oates to do the build and they're one of the old coachbuilders and one of the best

Not sure if this is right??... I went to see some builds in progress & they were being built in house in Walsall?

I was very impressed, every concern that had entered my mind regarding safety of my horse had already been thought of & addressed by their designs

Matafleur

Visit site
I thought they built them in house too but I haven't yet been to see the workshop.

I think I am slightly concerned as the pricing is so good, but I would be going for a used chassis which I know some of the other builders don't do.

buddylove

Visit site
I visited John Oates a few years ago when I was looking for a 3.5t and they told me then that they were building for Staffordshire horseboxes. Not sure if this is still the case, but it might be worth visiting John Oates and seeing if you can cut out the middle man!!

Staffshb

New User
Visit site
Hi this post has been bought to my attention! Staffordshire Horseboxes manufacture our own vehicles , anyone is welcome to come to the factory , give me a call 07815732734
Unit 1 /2 Fryers Road WS27LZ, don't think we would have won Excellence in Manufacturing and Engineering award if someone else built them

Attachments

• b9594b3e-43b2-492b-a9c1-a9e6516d0e46.jpg
    b9594b3e-43b2-492b-a9c1-a9e6516d0e46.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 4

Frumpoon

Visit site
Happy to be corrected

Still very impressed with transport and build quality for transport, have always helped me out, sometimes at short notice

MickeyM

New User
Visit site
Staffordshire Horseboxes most definitely build their own lorries. John oates are a direct competitor. Both are located in Walsall. It would be interesting to hear from anyone commenting that they have been told this where this rumour started.
Staffordshire Horseboxes have recently refurbed my lorry and I have visited their factory several times. I can't recommend them highly enough, no one could be more accommodating or provide better after sales support. Some people are never happy but I would recommend them every time