Staffordshire to Highlands transport

NickyVN

New User
Visit site
I will be needing to transport my buy with slightly creaky legs on what is I'm the car around 8 hours. I am aware of Gillies and will be contacting them, but any other recommendations. He's not travelled for 12 years so need someone kind and patient!!

twiggy2

Visit site
I used ghillies recently for a 3yr old that had only travelled once previously and that had been 2 and a half years before. A shorter distance but still on the lorry for 8 plus hrs, she travelled loose as partitions are fully secure, completely relaxed, no sweat marks on her and the driver was very cool calm and collected, spoke to driver on route who observed her via the camera and informed she had been no fuss or bother and was relaxed and eating her hay.
Communication was good and everything was straight forward.
Highly recommend them.

paddy555

Visit site
I considered Gillies but, due to the size of their vehicle, I would have had to offload him a 3/4 drive away and arrange local transport for the final part of the journey so make sure they can get their lorry into both ends of your journey. He would have had to be transported by the vendor to a suitable place for Gillies to load. He would also have mixed with other horses and I preferred he didn't from a health POV.
In the end I went for a box where the horse was the only passenger. The firm no longer exist but the horse had a very good journey on his own and the smaller vehicle drove him right up to his new stable door.

If I was transporting again I would go for a smaller box and sole occupancy.

Peglo

Visit site
I used A9 horse transport for mine. Ghillies wouldn’t work for picking up.

He was very easy to deal with gave us updates.

gallopingby

Visit site
Gillies are great for longer distances horses travel well in style, they have a smaller box for local pick ups / drop offs from their base.
Seth at Douglas horse transport if you’d like a small box door to door.