Stallion Badge Disc

AT A CANTER

New User
Visit site
From British Eventing rules:

5.20 Stallions. Stallions must always be properly restrained. They must never be left tied
to a lorry or trailer. They must be led from a bit, with a lead rope of a minimum
length of 2.5m to include a chain of not less than 50 cm. attached to the bit. When
lunged, the lunge line must be attached to the bit. They must display a stallion disc
on each side of the bridle at all times. The BE Steward may require removal of the
stallion from the site if he considers the risk of an accident to be unacceptable.

From British Dressage rules:

135. Stallions

Stallions are to be identified by the rider wearing a yellow cross band or stallion disc on the bridle whilst working in and in competition.

Batgirl

Visit site
Both is always safer regardless of rules posted above :) As is a white ribbon in tail as the point is that people know it's a stallion from a distance.

Frances144

Visit site
"The British Dressage Rulebook 2012 (rule 55) states that: "Stallions must be identified by the rider wearing a yellow cross band or stallion disc whilst working in."

What does a yellow cross band look like?

Hallo2012

Visit site
like a hi viz vest but just a yellow X shape across your body i think but ive NEVER seen anyone wear one.

mine has a BD stallion disc on both sides of his bridle and we also use a scrappy old bridle with a disc on each side if we are hand walking him or washing him off in the communal areas at shows. HE is fine (and has been barged in to, squashed and pushed by ignorant people with no brains leading other horses) but it allows other people to (sometimes) give him a little more room (if they consider it totally necessary and not a waste of their time......)

can you tell i'm a little cynical as to the effectiveness!!!!!! best advice is to make sure he is well socialized and not perturbed by body contact with other horses because trust me it will happen.................