Stallion calmers and Geldings??

Kristine

Visit site
first off, How much roughly would it cost to have a 12.2 nearly 3 yr old castrated?

Secondly are there any stallion calmer's out there? i know it sound's strange but just enquiring!

Thanks guys

KMS

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Have you tried Blue Chip, that does seem to help my lot?

Moneywise, could be about £200 give or take and as long as all goes well (follow up visits and the like) but each practise is different and will have different methods and charges too.

katiebaybee

Visit site
I would try settleze it is fantastic!!! My sister gives it to 2 of their stallions on the riding school, it works a treat and takes the edge off them.

Andelusional

Visit site
Agnus castus is the beastie that sorts colts and there are repressive drugs the vet could give but that will affect his fertility

sallyf

Visit site
Agree with GT's here if they need calmers they should be cut.
Both of ours are quieter than a lot of geldings and i wouldnt keep them entire if they were not like this.

Andelusional

Visit site
Excuse please Sally and GTs. I have had stallions all my life, but our last one needed calmers to deal with his issues due to poor treatment before we bought him. He was gelded in the end because it was the right thing for his happiness and wellbeing, but I wanted to know what was the underlying cause before I jumped to conclusions. I certainly never needed them for any of my warmblood stallions, some of whom were very masculine and large. I gave the Andalusian a season of benefit of the doubt for him,not me. I offered the idea of Agnus Castus to the querent because I assume there is some reason the colt is not yet cut. I wouldn't presume to suppose she cant handle her animal as I dont know her!