stallion ideas

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
So theres nothing like planning ahead.
I really want to get a shortlist of stallions in my head so that when I next get over to Germany I can see them, or I can start trying to see any UK based ones.

I want to cover Cleio next year. Breeding for a dressage foal. I specifically want to improve length of rein and swing/flexion through the back. Her pedigree is here http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/volatis+cleio

If I get a filly this might well be a keeper but I also need to bear in mind it may be for sale. As this is her first foal I dont want to use an unproven stallion. Chilled or frozen is fine. She is very special to me so want to pick the perfect match for her, so any ideas gratefully received.

This is her as a yearling

eventrider23

Visit site
OK – I’m not a dressage person but here are my thoughts….yes some are unproven but from proven lines…

UK based:

Millenium – I know he’s a bit heavy and not proven in terms of ridden progeny BUT I have seen loads of his foals from good quality mares and they are lovely! I believe the guys at Hobgobs have a colt this year out of an Argentinus mare that will be kept as a future stallion to step into dad’s shoes…

Ragazzo – He’s never really been on top of my list before, however one of his progeny was on the Canadian reserve list for the Dressage team at Beijing this year as well as having sired many jumpers and so he’s also a decent dual purpose stallion.

San Liberty – owned by a friend on mine and whilst not produced a huge amount of stock so far, what he has thrown is gorge. http://www.wlsporthorses.com/Stallions-at-Stud-San-Liberty - again tho he is essentially unproven

MFS Vision – needs no introduction on here…although is essentially unproven

Flax Lion Stud’s/Sambertino’s stallions – again these guys need no introduction on here although I have to say I am partial to Sieger Hit, Rock Brassiliano and Fergonn, although if you are looking for a proven stallion (well proven so far as the younger boys may well prove themselves more between now and when you are ready to breed Cleio) then I would have to say Stravinsky or Souvenir from them….

Mooiman – progeny starting to do very very well

Saint Malo – as you would know he is Salinero’s half bro – 100 day performance tested before an injury – do not know much about his offspring tho

Zospecial – I know that again he is unproven BUT you would be getting your colour as well as the bonus of the breeding of Special D and Gribaldi

Euro stallions:

Emma Hindles’s stallions at Brookhouse Stud – I love Chequille Z and whilst he is jumping bred he is incredibly athletic and elastic in his movement. Also there are obviously the likes of Wie Weltmeyer, Diamond Hit, Furstenreich and Lancet, along with her young stallion Fifty Cent.

Plus all the usual big Euro studs such as Vorwerck, Kempke Hof, Sprehe, etc. etc.

Zeus

www.greenlees-equine.com
[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the pedigree of your mare I would recommend to go on
with Trakehnen blood.

For example a stallion from here:
http://www.gestuet-haemelschenburg.de/

My favourites: Summertime or Exklusiv, but the others are awesome as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

We loved the Summertime youngstock that we have seen but he does throw them seriously big.

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
I was thinking of going back to Trakehner with her, but wasn't sure of a stallion who is known to throw the lovely swinging back I want. Summertime we love, but Haemelschenburg are not an EU station so would have to speak to them re frozen. Janet Lorch used to be their UK link but she is now in France. Also liked what I saw of the Freudenfest offspring at Neumunster last year but again is he the right one for her! Summertime is also enormaus and throws tall so might be too big for a first foal as she is only likely to make 16hh

Hohenstein semen I have heard doesn't travel brilliantly, but Medingen are very good to work with. Have to say I prefer to avoid Dutch stallions on the whole as I am not as familiar with their pedigrees

toffeesmarty

Visit site
I need to start thinking for Toffee for next year so will also be looking at Trakehners for her this time. Perhaps we could have a HHO tour!? Runs off to pack bags and find passport....

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
If I can afford it and get organised I will be going to Neumunster - last weekend in October. It's fantastic but knackering. And hope to go back in february for a long weekend and take my boss to see some 'proper' horses

koeffee

Visit site
holme grove calypso seem a nice stallion full trakehner, by HG Soloman, doesnt have many offspring though as he was never at public stud?