Stallion info required please on Don Aqui, Warrior and Adonnis

LynneB

Visit site
I am really interested in Don Aqui or Adonnis for my dressage mare and hugely interested in Warrior or Nederland F for my showjumping mare..

Does anyone have any information on these stallions please? ie temperament, any foal pics, anyone used them?

Thank you
smile.gif

LynneB

Visit site
thanks springfall, do you have any photos? I have to say having seen Warrior's jumping photos on the Brendon Stud site, he is something else...would go very well with my mare I think! Would also consider Nederland F though

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
I really like the look of Don Aqui, he is on my short list for next season as well as the very handsome Warrior. I too would like to see more of their babies as well as more info on them too.

sallyf

Visit site
I can tell you first hand about Adonnis's temperament as we trained him for AI here and stayed here for 3 days.
He is a total babe and possibly the most laid back stallion i have ever come across.
Lovely young stallion

Diggory

Visit site
Warrior is the only one I've seen in the flesh right up close and personal, and he is an absolute stunner. He rightly deserves his stable name of "Gentleman" and for me captures everything I would want in any horse, let alone one bred to jump at the very top:

http://www.brendonpyecombe.co.uk/brendonstud/Warrior.asp

I watched him with great interest at the stallion parade at Brendon Stud a few weeks back, and he ticked every box, being shown over fences, which he went over very lightly and with excellent bascule, and he was also shown happily doing dressage, which isn't something you see too many top young SJers doing now, is it? I know they are schooled to be light and responsive, but I haven't seen any others actually perform an elegant display to music after only a few days' practice

If he was a bloke and I was single, I'd pursue him to the ends of the earth.

sallyf

Visit site
I think on pedigree he is bred to produce dressage horses but he is a really nice scopey horse that could easily produce stock to do any job.

AJBliss

www.OFShorses.com
Don Aqui surprised me as a super potential eventer sire. Found this video a while back, and he looks phenomenally talented!

http://data.germanhorseconnection.com/00048_Video1_Don-Aqui-BC-2003.mpg

I saw Warrior in person at Brendon's open day, and he seemed a very talented and genuine horse. A complete sweetie in the stable, and a great jump. Here's a video I took on the day:

Warrior Video

I look forward to hearing more about Adonnis, and seeing his future offspring!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I think you've chosen some lovely stallions sure to produce World Class stock.
I had a look at their info and from their bloodlines they would certainly offer proven talents. (their offspring appear to be doing exceptionally well)
The breeding world being as close knit as it is, had any had iffy temperaments I'm sure we would have heard, from my understanding all three are perfect gentlemen even at public gatherings such as stallion parades.
May I ask what the mares' breeding are.

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Well as we have Don Aqui I can tell you a bit about him........
cool.gif

He is an Approved Hanoverian stallion that is also Approved by the Westfalen, Rheinland and British Hanoverians. Bloodlines are Don Bosco x Gardeulan II x Perser xx

He is black, stands between 16.1/16.2hh. Has a fabulous temperament and is very easy to handle and do anything with.
cool.gif

He is by the top dressage progenator Don Bosco (Donnerhall x Ramiro x Pik Bube) out of the successfull mare Gadina (1a Premium mare several times in Germany and dam of several State Premium Mares) by Gardeulan II. Don Aqui was Licensed at the Verden Main Licensing in October 2000 and then went on to successfully pass his 30 day test in Zweibrücken, scoring two 9's on his jumping. In 2002 he won and was placed in several Material Classes and Young Dressage Horse Tests in Germany. Following this he went on to achieve placings in Young Jumper Classes up to L-level and finally turned his hand to eventing. In 2003 he had a successful eventing season with Jan Büsch and qualified for the Bundeschampionate in Wardendorf, in the 5 Year Old Eventing Division. Following this he qualified to compete in the finals, where he scored 7.6 and was 10th overall. Due to this fantastic result he was given his permanent Breeding Approval by the Hanoverian Verband.

After this Don Aqui was then used for breeding and was brought back into work in 2006, where he was in training with the International Olympic Rider, Nicole Uphoff for a high level dressage career and to be presented at the Aachen Stallion Gala Show.

Details of some of his competing offspring are:

Datinka T *2002 (dam by Mackintosh-Scipio) showed successfully in GER and LUX and has had several placings and winnings at L & M level young horse showjumping classes.

Destination S *2002 (dam by Figaro-Sarastro xx) has had several placings in L level young horse jumpings

Dorgia T *2002 (dam by Grand Ferdinand II-Argentan) won the 2008 Rhineland Young Horse Showjumping Championships and has won and been placed in several L & M Classes.

Daquina *2003 (dam by Rocco Parocco-Scipio) had 6 placings in A level dressage

Dargo T (dam by Scipio-Pyrop) had several placings and wins up to L level showjumping and A level x-country with a total of 13 lifetime placings thus far. He also Qualified for the 2008 Bundeschampionate for eventing.

For the 2008 season 7 offspring have been successful at FEI level, and he's had 14 total offspring registered as competition horses.

Some pics of Don Aqui:

DonAqui7.gif

DonAqui4a_web.jpg

DonAqui5a_web.jpg

Donnie12.jpg

Donnie13.jpg

Donnie3-1.jpg

Pictures of some of his offspring:

DonAquiProg2_web.jpg

DonAqui11_web.jpg

DonAquiProg_web.jpg

GermanPic_web.jpg

Would love to hear more about Warrior (thanks for posing the video clip), Adonnis and Legrande. What other information do we have on these stallions?

LynneB

Visit site
thank you HH, the mares are

K2 (trakehner) x Atlantus, lovely fine looking mare with fabulous movement, definitely for dressage in foal this year to Stallone Quainton

Cardino/Lord/Ladykiller, currently in foal to Chateau de Brion and a fab mare with great showjumping potential so very interested in Warrior for her

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
I havent seen Adonnis in the flesh so cant help you much there. Warrior did catch the eye at the stud open day, and picture sof his first foals show them as strong types. I think you'd get a good powerful stamp from that cross

Don Aqui I have seen on video and photos and he seems to have a very good 'winners to runners' percentage. He's certainly one that I shall look forwarding to seeing his first crop of British bred foals.

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
[ QUOTE ]
your Legrande is at stud now isn't he Cruiseline? Would he just have coloured babies or others too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Legrande is indeed at stud, he has just started showjumping and is showing a lot of promise, He is a single dilute, buckskin who carries a chestnut gene, so he could produce a wide range of colours, including, buckskin, palomino, bay, and chestnut.

I am hoping that I will be able to post lots of pictures of his babies next season, he is a handsome boy, with a lovely temperament, good paces and a super jump.

IMG_0995-1.jpg

IMG_9891-1.jpg

shirleyno2

Visit site
Thanks all for your lovely comments on Warrior, anyone who wants to make an appointment to come and view him and progeny, please pm me.
ps, he was 2nd at Royal Windsor this week!

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
[ QUOTE ]
Don Aqui surprised me as a super potential eventer sire. Found this video a while back, and he looks phenomenally talented!

http://data.germanhorseconnection.com/00048_Video1_Don-Aqui-BC-2003.mpg

I saw Warrior in person at Brendon's open day, and he seemed a very talented and genuine horse. A complete sweetie in the stable, and a great jump. Here's a video I took on the day:

Warrior Video

I look forward to hearing more about Adonnis, and seeing his future offspring!

[/ QUOTE ]

I really enjoyed watching those videos, Don Aqui can really cover the ground, he looks so bold, what brave riding too. I would love to see more of Warrior jumping, the clip was so short any more videos out there anywhere to watch.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
I think that Legrande would go really well with my mare. Bummer I now have to make decisions Amour G or Legrande. Any help folks?
PS mare is (CBxArab) x (TBxID) and could be a dilute already.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
This is such an unfair post, I've gone off everyone with lovely stallions like these!
I want, no, I need to give up breeding after this year. I'm too old and broke to have more babies but all this thread has made me want to do is go and find some more mares so I can use all of these guys!
I couldn't make a choice, they're all superb so I'd have to use them all!

OH would kill me, I mustn't, OH would kill me, I mustn't, OH would kill me, I shouldn't..............

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
[ QUOTE ]
I have Don Aqui on my shortlist too for my dressage mare.
He looks a really nice sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the looks of him, I think Don Aqui would suit any mare for any discipline, he looks like such a versatile stallion. I understand he has a temperament to die for too.
smile.gif
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
Don Aqui is on my list should I breed from B again. I love the way he covers the ground and his expressive action.

I really do like what I see of Warrior, though I must admit to not knowing his bloodlines terribly well. I would love to see some decent video footage of him.

Adonnis looks like a really lovely young stallion! I like the way he is bred - love the sire line. Does anyone have a link to his website?

sarahhelen1977

www.adonnis.co.uk
Groomsbridge, thanks for the kind words on Adonnis - have been awol for a couple of days, so missed this thread!
My chap has started under saddle and I am planning to do the Shearwater Potential International Dressage Horse classes with him this year - here is a fairly recent pic of him working with Keith Robertson - he says he likes him more and more every time he rides him - as do I! He really does have a fantastic temperament, and is a pleasure to work with - will have to wait til next year to see if he passes this on to his offspring
IMG_0824.jpg

If you want any further info on him then feel free to PM me

LynneB

Visit site
Another interesting thought I had was maybe mixing my trak/han mare with an arabian, loving the look of H Tobago - especially as the rather lovely Tamarillo is anglo arab and has a lot of TB in his, as my mare also does....

toooo many stallions to choose from!

sarahhelen1977

www.adonnis.co.uk
Oh! - I have seen pictures of H Tobago - he is GORGEOUS - and that's coming from someone who doesn't really like arabs! I think it was one of his foals that was national champion arab foal last year, so not only is he fantastic, but he's obviously producing the goods too!