Catherston Springsteen
Cavalier King
Foxcourt Andante
Mine
SongSong Blue
Super Trooper de Ness
Up With the Lark
Wish Upon a Star

- Great line-up, I'm really looking forward to seeing some of these boys!

fruity

Visit site
Damn,i'm going saturday. Would of loved to of seen them.Am putting my Welsh D in foal next year and wanting to produce an event horse so going for T.B me thinks.

Pixxie

Visit site
ooo Foxcourt Andante sired my YM daughters filly

she look just like her dad and she is stunning
laugh.gif

x

millitiger

Visit site
i'm going friday and am very excited about seeing Wish Upon A Star- he looks lovely in all of his pictures and his record is very good too.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Surprised at a very limited selection there.
Could someone take pics of Cavalier King?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think there may be some puzzles about who was invited to attend - I don't know the criteria used, does anyone else? There are one or two notable omissions, but don't really understand the SHB(GB) basis for inviting stallions to the parade ...

PS Will try and take pics of Cavalier King!

seabiscuit

Visit site
Fab, thank you rufusbluemoon!!
smile.gif

Badminton is the creme de la creme of eventing, and they have these horses showing at the stallion parade?!! Not slating them at all, but they are not the best of the best, can just imagine all the foreign vistors saying, is this the best that Britain has got?!
confused.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
They seem to try to show a mixture of eventing and dressage stallions. Theres always issues jumping the evnters which is a real shame.
I agree they could have picked a couple of better ones in place of some of the lesser known stallions

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
ooo im going friday what time is it???

[/ QUOTE ]

It's normally just after the last dressage test

boxffrogs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Badminton is the creme de la creme of eventing, and they have these horses showing at the stallion parade?!! Not slating them at all, but they are not the best of the best, can just imagine all the foreign vistors saying, is this the best that Britain has got?!

[/ QUOTE ]

And when they see Super Trooper de Ness, their eyebrows will be round the back of their heads! At least he'll get to see a cross country fence if he looks hard, that'll be a first for him. I could be wrong, but I can't find thoroughbred in his first four generations (The Last Orange appears in Gen 5), and only his great grand sire is Trak, so where's the blood that eventers are looking for? Or this indicative of a dumbing down?

It's a shame that the "one or two notable exceptions" aren't there, although at least one of those is himself "foreign".

Why isn't Future Illusion there?

boxffrogs

Visit site
I was just looking at Song Song Blue as well. No blood until his fourth generation?????????? Admittedly good blood in Sacramento Song twice, but nothing after that. Is this an eventing stallion or a dressage stallion playing at eventing? No performance record to speak of, he's 8 and didn't go to either Le Lion. On his website we're told that he first crop of foals were "quality"..............in who's opinion? Where's the fact?

And who is "Mine"?

alleycat

Visit site
http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?d=super...&birthland=

Wouldn't say this horse lacks "blood"?

In fact I think he'd bring to our TB mare base the little bit substance and pure jumping ability that breeders might be looking for.

Not every modern, foreign eventing sire appears to be able to do that.

Of course, if you think using a warmblood constitutes a "dumbing down", we have some very good pure TBs here in Britain.

edited to say, doesn't this parade also include dressage stallions, not just eventers?

I take it that this latest attempt by boxffrogs to smear and ridicule other stallions is due to the non-inclusion, for whatever reason, of his own horse?

Bossanova

Visit site
Song Song Blue has an abyssmal record eventing but apparently is a nice type of horse- I wouldnt use him to breed a serious eventer.
Presumably FI isnt there as he isnt graded/ approved by SHBGB
Mine appears to be a tb stallion who has done nothing performance wise?!

It's a shame- SHBGB have got some great eventing stallions on their list but they arent in the parade- some of our best werent even invited
confused.gif

FoalLover

Visit site
Old Lodge would never claim that Super Trooper is an eventer but that he is bold, honest, forward going, athletic with correct movement and a huge jump. He is very level headed and may suit many people who event and like a bit of 'sense' to cross with a hot thoroughbred. His dam did not retire from sport till she was in her 20's so a great tough mare and was still sound in her 30's.
There is a great photo of him in today's Horse and Hound winning at Royal Windsor.