Stallion recommendations please

samlf

Visit site
Hi, I am finding it difficult to search for stallions in one place by characteristics (like you would for a horse for sale) so I'm hoping the knowledgeable group on this forum can help.

Needs to be 15.1-16hh, plenty of blood (Arab, PBA, Anglo Arab, high % tb warmblood etc), chilled semen, ideally with reasonable/good results at eventing. Must be short coupled and compact.

Looking to spend up to £600 but not the end of the world if a bit more.

Thanks in advance

Archangel

Visit site
Yawl Hillbilly PBA, Romarntic Ranger (AI only I think).
Not sure if Olympus Hale Bop is still available but he is AA x Trakheneer.
Treenhill Aristotle - AA
Mukhtar Ibn Eternity and Marcus Aurelius would also be worth a look.

H Tobago is deceased but there could still be frozen semen - he has produced some jumpers.

A Shagya Arabian is on my bucket list but not that popular here (yet).

ihatework

Visit site
I suppose it depends on what you are putting it on and what you consider ‘reasonable eventing’

for performance Arabs/part bred then biddesden stud as indicated above would be a good shout (Persiflage would be my pick)

It might also be worth speaking to west Kington stud - they have Welton double cracker who has a superb temperament but they also have links to some of the racing Arabs, a couple of which are super models in their own right (although I’m not sure of their stud fee).

Another near Tb event horse to consider is Weston justice.

Maybe also Murkas Gem at Twemlows?

Visit site
Hazelcroft Super Sonic is PBA, Rendene Royal Charm is also PBA both are lovely and the lovely Kippure Lancelot is a Connemara of the top lines of that is something that would interest you too.

sallyf

Visit site
Try looking at Groomsbridge studs Facebook page they have 3 stallions.
Universal and Tajraasi are both full TB and Icefyre who is 85% TB.