Stallion Temperament

Pink Gorilla

Visit site
Where can I go online to find honest reviews of stallion's temperaments? Whenever I Google a name, I just find reviews singing the praises of stallions. Whereas I know that in reality certain stallions produce more tricky temperaments that others and some produce offspring that are mainly considered a professional's ride.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Funnily enough all my stallion dislikes have come from watching hundreds and hundreds of offspring go through the sales ring (particularly Irish), some traits really do come out a lot. Then I will watch another tonne compete.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
There's not just temp to think about although it's obviously extremely important. Check blood lines for pssm etc and neurological issues passed down the line.

tda

Visit site
Interesting, one of the most popular stallions in our breed was known to be an absolute ar*e, and yet he would come out at the shows bouncing all over and folk loved it.
No points or rosette for sane and sensible unfortunately

minesadouble

Visit site
Interesting, one of the most popular stallions in our breed was known to be an absolute ar*e, and yet he would come out at the shows bouncing all over and folk loved it.
No points or rosette for sane and sensible unfortunately

I have no issues with a stallion being an arse at a show unless it passes that trait onto it's offspring.
There is a Stallion that I absolutely love, who throws stunning offspring but they are so notoriously difficult I wouldn't dream of bringing one home.

Reactions: tda

Kaylum

Visit site
We used to have stallion parades. Not sure they have them anymore. It was really useful to talk to the owners and see the stallion in the flesh.