Stallions and identity and competitions

Worried1

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone could answer this as I trawled through BD rules and can't find the answer.

At BD competitions do stallions need to wear anything which identifies them as a stallion?

Thanks

x

Partoow

Visit site
No stallions dont need to wear anything that identifies them under BD rules.
When i rode in Northern Ireland they wear yellow and red sashes to make it clear they are on entires. To me this seemed very sensible and makes it clear to all those around, in the warm up in particular, that there are stallions about and to maybe avoid them if necessary. I have known in season mares to be very detrmined to become 'friends' with my stallion!! If they are clearly visible then it would help in such situations for both parties!!!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
under rules they don't but very often they will wear either a red white and blue ribbon in their tail and/or a stallion 'disc' as used by BSJA and BE on either side of the bridle
smile.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
Not sure why you are asking - is it because you want to take a Stallion to a show or because you are worried about not knowing horse is a Stallion at the show.

If it is the former then perhaps a bit of reassurance. There are a lot of Stallions competing at BD comps and I have frequently found myself in an arena with more than one. I ride a very sexy mare and have never encountered a problem, they usually have impeccable manners and apart from the fact that they generally look pretty smart you would have difficulty identifying them.

If it is the latter it might be wise to contact the organisers, some are not overkeen on Stallions at their shows.