stallions similiar to jumbo and king cotton gold?

4April

Visit site
hi im breeding my mare this year and scanned the internet thoroughly. I like jumbo but hes pricey and king cotton gold now deceased. I dont mind a 500 pound fee just something short coupled long legged for my welsh part bred. Preferably dark bay or black no colours please. Natural fresh or chilled. Please suggestions appreciated!

SaharaS

Visit site
Brief Encounter?(..son of Jumbo and at same stud-fee less than Jumbo too)I saw him at stud before leaving the mares and even when he was working & mares were right under his nose he was incredibly cool & calm & has a really lovely attitude which he passes on..I have a 4 yr old by him happy to pm you pics tho there are tonnes of pics on the graffham stud website of all their stallions progeny so you can compare

cundlegreen

Visit site
hi im breeding my mare this year and scanned the internet thoroughly. I like jumbo but hes pricey and king cotton gold now deceased. I dont mind a 500 pound fee just something short coupled long legged for my welsh part bred. Preferably dark bay or black no colours please. Natural fresh or chilled. Please suggestions appreciated!

I sent my welsh partbred (D crossTB) to Kings Composer. Here is a short video that I took at the time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iUa0BjKAks&list=UUf2bwcSa-2Ft5zNtvXLZEiQ&index=22
I think he's very good value for what he has produced, and he is very fertile. Heres what I got, photo taken as a two year old.....
DSC_0388.jpg

Alec Swan

Visit site
I'm no expert, but the question is, "stallions similar to jumbo". Jumbo is a rather unique horse, and however delightful his successful sons may be, they are not like their sire. They are are far more "Blood" (those that I've seen).

"Like", to me anyway, would mean of a similar stamp, and that would be with a heavy ID influence.

Alec.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I'm no expert, but the question is, "stallions similar to jumbo". Jumbo is a rather unique horse, and however delightful his successful sons may be, they are not like their sire. They are are far more "Blood" (those that I've seen).

"Like", to me anyway, would mean of a similar stamp, and that would be with a heavy ID influence.

Alec.

As a fan of Jumbo from his grading days & one who has a colt son of KCG I hope I am permitted to point out that both stallions are of a different stamp. Jumbo is a much bigger horse all round compared to KCG who was a lighter frame with a different movement to Jumbo. So far I am happy with the now yearling, but he is out of a TB mare.

MoragN

New User
Visit site
There is always Laughing Cavalier, who I think is going to a new home this year but I am sure would be easy enough to find. He is King Cotton Golds 7/8th brother, basically with 1 less thoroughbred in his pedigree. He is a very nice, impressive looking stallion who has done very little ridden work but has huge paces and ability. He seems to have the same trainable temperament as KCG. I have a 3 year old by him who has a fabulous temperament too so like KCG he seems to pass it on. I aslo have a KCG 2 year old who has the same temperament. Both of mine are short coupled, very athletic looking with long legs. Happy to forward photos if youd like. Good luck with your choice, its a hard decision to make!:)