stallions suggestions please. Ideally coloured pic

lilly1

Visit site
This is the mare. She is 15.3 registered pbw. Sire unknown.

She has a fabulous temperament, is sound and a very good all-rounder. I'm breeding to keep and ideally wanting to replicate her but add some minor improvements!

I like coloureds but I'm struggling to find something short coupled, uphill with a good hind leg and strong back end. I like the look of Sambertino and also Sir Cisco but I cant find much on him.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

TheMule

Visit site
Amour G
She's a nice looking mare, he would complement her nicely. He isn't homozygous but I havent seen a homozygous that comes close to him in temperament, ability and type.

eventrider23

Visit site
Of those already suggested:
- Greenvale Audacity is a very smart correct young horse. I have myself had a horse by the same sire and if he was anything like him then he would be an excellent choice as he fit the 'short coupled, strong back end' mould as well as having one of the nicest temperaments I have ever known.
- Sir Cisco is a very good choice! He is available through Elite Stallions as is standing on the continent but would definitely be one I would consider.
- Sambertino would have to be one of the most proven coloured's we have in this country.
- Amour G is stunning and a super horse himself and would certainly give you the good back end you are looking for.
- Aragorn S is a very nice horse and owned by a friend. I have not seen a lot of foals by him but what I have seen have been lovely and he himself certainly has an incredible temperament and is being produced by an amateur.

Now what about Sempers Spirit? I think he has fallen off the radar a bit but he is still standing at stud and his foals are superb. I have myself bred two by him and both were incredible. One would possibly have been the sort you are looking to breed as her dam was a Welsh D and the result was the exquisite filly you can see in my avatar picture. She is now rising 4 and her owners have her with a professional show jumper being produced for young horse classes this year.

DonkeyClub

Visit site
I think Sambertino's stock are nice average lower end dressage horses- certainly don't think he produces 'wow' paces or good jumpers, but nevertheless they make smart amateur horses

angrovestud

Visit site
Angrove Spottedick is homozygous for Tobiano he is used to breed guaranteed coloured racehorses and has some stunning progeny

Mince Pie

Visit site
Are you looking for a finer, sports horse type? If not Lostock Ladiesman is a lovely boy
Lostock%20Ladies%20Man.jpg

Lostock%20Ladiesman.jpg

Sportznight

Visit site
Goshka Ringo (sire of Amour G), now standing in France, would give you everything you want and is homozygous for tobiano! I have bred one by him (a mating inspired by Amour G) and she is now rising 6 and is just fabulous!! Better than I ever dreamed and my horse in a million!