Stamford/Wittering People

Baggage

Visit site
Hi
I'm finally getting to move my mare up to Wittering :D So looking for recommendations (and who/where to avoid) on everything really, livery yards, farriers, tack shops and general info on the horsey scene round here! Any info much appreciated for the East Mids newbie. Thank you :)

Baggage

Visit site
Yes thank you that does help, trust me to think of tack shops before priority of vets :p Will look them up thanks.

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
Don't think it is as huge as it looks in terms of horse numbers. Just spread out. The in-laws are very good friends with the owners of the farm so have been there a couple of times, but never seems 'busy' (guess because of being over large area). I am on a yard with 90 horses and at peak times maybe only see about 10 people :-D Have a chat with them and have a look - they aren't the cheapest, but you can't beat the facilities.

Baggage

Visit site
Thank you I will get in touch with them as their facilities do look pretty top notch. I can cope with 10 people was just imagining having nowhere to turn, I sound terribly antisocial I promise I'm not haha. Thanks again will get the ball rolling.

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Where exactly are you going to be living? I know a few yards round there but the travelling would be a consideration down lanes etc especially in the winter as some would be impossible without a 4x4 :)

Personally I wouldn't keep a horse at Grange Farm :(

Would deffo second Roger and Tower Equine though :)

Tack shops are relatively few and far between - SAPs in Stamford and Oakham, Chandlers in Barnack, Mole Valley in Stamdford, R&R and Mole Valley in Melton but the best traditional talk shop is still Milners in John O'Gaunt (also a Burghley every year)