Standards of today.... (rant a bit)

susan_w

Visit site
Pet hate of mine - doesn't matter how hard I try, and believe me, I could have shares int he hairnet company - but my daughter never seems to have one. I do manage to put her hair in a small bun at the nape of her net, secured by a scrunchie, and that looks nice, but after one round, I see her cantering around with her pony tail, Ellen Whitaker, style. These top riders have a lot to answer for!

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
LOL! i have to agree with you, and also HAVE to complain about stock quality, some of my grannys stocks, (now well stained with mud, port etc etc) are still (at poss 60-70 years old, stiff, thick and well made, i have to buy a new stock each hunting season, as no matter HOW much starch i cover them in, they don't stay stiff, and on saturday, mine fell all over the place and ended up under my left ear, WHY are the things so flimsy these days, it needs to stay in place for HOURS and endure plenty of movement, maybe i just can't tie it, but my older ones never moved like these ones do!

And Hair.... drives me MAD!

Likewise, when out hunting on a young/green/nervous horse, people no longer seem to use green tape??

i personally think that so many people (which is a good thing) are coming into hunting as the first generation, there isn't the passing of information down from elders, & hunts seem to have not realised this.

kick_On

Visit site
well i going to take some shots of how to tie stock and post.

I'm coming to the conclusion that companies don't make stuff to last.
But as for general turnout it's laziness, cos info is out there and elbow grease costs nothing.
I have no problem is someone who is trying hunting/sj or eventing out BUT no need to be dirty and scruffy horse. Everybody has to start somewhere
You hear people say 'there too busy to do stuff' but i always say; if you want something done, give it to a busy person and....... then its done

Capriole

Visit site
im considered a bit of a nutter at my yard, because i clean my tack after every use (was a bit smug last week though when one of the new girls said 'who's is this bridle, its brand new that is!', its one i bought in 1992
smile.gif

Capriole

Visit site
i understand why people don't use ribbon so much now on a horses tail, especiall red for a known kicker - if you put a ribbon on you are admitting you are aware your horse could kick wyhich ie admitting liability in an insuranace claim, much harder to deny your horse ever kicks if you see what i mean