Stanhopes Diddicoy

S_N

Visit site
For some reason I've always dismissed this stallion, but the more I look at him, the more I like him...... I've known a couple of horses by him, one was not a nice animal, but then it's mother was vile too! I think this has prejudiced me against him - what do you guys think?
DCandCarloptweb.jpg

Stanhopes-Diddicoy-Windsor-optweb.jpg

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Iz I've seen him competing at the National Dressage Champs and totally fell in love.He has amazing movement,although he was chunkier IRL than I thought he would be.
Also,while other neds were getting VERY fizzy warming up he calmly went about his business with no problems at all.

I'd love a youngster by him....think he'd make a lovely hubby for B
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
More piccies of him
SD%20jumping.jpg

SD%20Badminton%2095.jpg

Derby%20Bank.jpg

ChampionatHicksteadoptweb.jpg

Hind leg looks a little inactive in this pic?? Could just be that moment in time though - the wrong moment
11.jpg

diddicoy%20castle.jpg

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i think it depends hugely on the mare u have and what u wAnt the foal to do

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my mare
B003.jpg

Flint002.jpg

I want to breed a good looking horse, that'll do a bit of everything, mainly dressage!

severnmiles

Visit site
Now that is one coloured stallion I would use. Matt had a couple of foals by him when I was there and they were lovely!

Would go nicely with B!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Iz,there was nothing inactive about him the day I saw him(which may well have been when that picvwas taken....looks like Stoneleigh to me).

He's a doll,I love him to bits....had a wonderful presence about him.

Bethxx

Sal_E

Visit site
SN - he is my favourite stallion EVER! My friend has a mare by him - I've been trying to persuade her to sell her to me from before she was even conceived! She's nearly 7 now, so I'm guessing it's not going to happen!

EDT: can I have 1st dibs on your one then??!!
grin.gif

Tinkerbee

Visit site
hmmmm....i could be totally wrong but i thin one of the horses my instructor events is by him...because his name is Diddyman and i recall his name being similair to the stallion...
confused.gif

Tia

Visit site
SN I absolutely adore this horse! He was standing not far from where I used to live years ago and I met him. He has a delightful temperament, very placid horse and in my opinion is stunning. Well worth considering.

JAK

Visit site
A most attractive animal.......looks as though a tad more neck would not go amiss in some pics but this could be an 'optical illusion' & 'B' is very well-endowed in this department, isn't she?

Definitely one for the short list, surely!
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
A most attractive animal.......looks as though a tad more neck would not go amiss in some pics but this could be an 'optical illusion' & 'B' is very well-endowed in this department, isn't she?

Definitely one for the short list, surely!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, def. on the short list and LMAO about B's neck, I think she scored a 9.6 for her length of rein at the grading (judges were overheard by the chap who had be for me, whilst I battled with H)

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
he is very local to me and my friend has put her mare in foal to him, hoping to flog the baby to me if im really lucky. the nice thing about it you get a lot of his stock in the chaps showing classes. go for it your mare looks nice and if she has a great tempermanent then you cant go far wrong.

S_N

Visit site
May I ask why you say that about her temperament? I mean hers is delightful, but you've concerned me about his now.....

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, def. on the short list and LMAO about B's neck, I think she scored a 9.6 for her length of rein at the grading (judges were overheard by the chap who had be for me, whilst I battled with H)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, 'B' is a stunner & her lack of serious 'faults', or should I say, her obvious good points (on the things that really count anyway! LOL), affords you a much wider choice in stallions, doesn't it, as you do not have to worry so much about 'correcting' things, if you see what I mean?
smile.gif

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
well im not into breeding but i do think that if you get a good temepermant on both sides then you are sure to get a good foal that should be easy to do. I have an old mare by just a monarch, many people used to say some of his stock could be a bit sharp my mare is most def not fab temper just like her mum.

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
I'm biased, he used to be local and so there were posters of him and another stallion at Stanhopes stud allll over the place...

(he was a forerunner to marry Dorey
laugh.gif
)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
He's beautiful - did consider him for AmyMay. However I did hear things about temperament also - so decided against it. However, more because Amy herself can be a bit temperamental.

stef

New User
Visit site
I breed and lovely bay gelding by him, out of a solid bay mare. Wonderful temperent and movement and has done well in showing/working hunter. Would highly recommend, personally.