Stanhopes Diddicoy

sallyf

Visit site

Has and throws a slightly plain head and average hing leg, not homogenous if your looking for a coloured foal.
Has peformed well himself though.
Have only personally seen plain coloured foals by him out of coloured mares and if you using a coloured stallion to get colour would go with one that is gaunteed to throw it otherwise there are some lovely plain coloured sport horse stallions out there.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well im not into breeding but i do think that if you get a good temepermant on both sides then you are sure to get a good foal that should be easy to do. I have an old mare by just a monarch, many people used to say some of his stock could be a bit sharp my mare is most def not fab temper just like her mum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh but to define sharpness eh
wink.gif
No, seriously I agree with you! For me temperament is paramount!! I would not be breeding from B if she had a suspect temperament. She's a lovely girl, a bit of a one person horse, very loving and trusting - especially now that she knows her bounderies.

S_N

Visit site
It interesting that his temperament has been brought up more than once in this thread......... I have also had a few pm's.................... I think before I make any decisions, I need to research his stock some more and go and visit him - when he gets back from his winter holiday in Spain that is.

eventrider23

Visit site
Just to let Tigers Eye know, Park Pilot's sire is a stallion called Pie in the Sky, who was in turn by Samber so no Diddicoy there. Have always thought Diddicoy was a lovely stallion and wouldn't hesitate to use him if I had the right mare.

BBs

Visit site
I love Diddicoy - however, when I was on about purchasing a Diddicoy offspring I was put off
frown.gif

Now wished Id gone with my gut!

Hes a nice stallion Ibel!

not_with_it

Visit site
A friend of mine had a horse by him and it was the kindest horse. It took her up to adv medium dressage when she lost her confidence and really looked after her. He then went on to do the paras.
Im not a big fan of coloureds but he was such a sweetie. If all his foals turned out like this chap then I would consider him.

Sal_E

Visit site
My friend put a bay mare to him & got a coloured! (the one I want!). That mare then got put to a gelding (can't remember if it was the bay or the chestnut...) & produced another coloured! (i.e. S.D's grand-daughter...).

Both have perfectly good temperaments.

S_N

Visit site
Thanks for that Sally, though I am most concerned by the biological factors of what you say below
shocked.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That mare then got put to a gelding (can't remember if it was the bay or the chestnut...)

[/ QUOTE ]

CharlieB_87

www.equisales.co.uk
I've heard (before now) only fantastic reports about Diddicoy and his temperament - a friend of mine went to see him at stud (and consequently chose to use him) she said he was absolutely stunning,with a fab temperament .
He's on the top of my Stallions to use wish - shame i'm not in the position to breed from my mare really.
I tried out a horse by him,breathtaking movement,very easy athletic jump ,correct conformation but unfortunately had a problem unrelated to his breeding which sadly meant he failed the vetting.He was a little sharp in the stable,but apparently his dam (only a small TB x Connie) was also a little madame and i think she was far more influential.He was a gentleman to ride .