StarBoot long boot zip repairs

Remi'sMum

Visit site
https://www.starboot.co.uk/riding-boot-repairs

Has anyone used this company? Any good? My zip has broken on one of my beloved Tredstep Donatello’s (after 4 or 5 years of being ridden in every day, so I’m not complaining). But I love these boots and would love to get them fixed. I’ve no idea about ‘proper’ cobblers in my area (Chesterfield if anyone can give a recommendation) but I came across StarBoot online. If anyone had used them, any feedback would be great!

Thanks all

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I used Bowen’s of Hereford. I phoned them and told them what I wanted which was a new zip in a Shires paddock boot. They explained the options and gave me a price. I posted the one boot and after repair they posted it back to me. The total price was repair cost about £15 I think plus actual postage which was less than £3 then.It was cheaper than driving back and forth twice. Long zips are dearer of course.
There must be lots of shoe repairers that could do the same.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Not used them but my local saddlery offers zip service for £35 for one boot, it might be worth asking a local one near you or some shoe repair places do them might be a bit cheaper.

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Thanks all. ONe of my friends has recommended a local saddler - daft as it sounds, that hadn’t even occurred to me!! I think that will be my first port of call.

smiggy

Visit site
They all sound like great prices
I asked in my local shoe repair shop last week and was quoted £55 for one zip !

sportsmansB

Visit site
My local saddler is £50 for a pair. I got him to put in quite sturdy zips on my 'home' boots and it was obvs still a lot cheaper than buying new. They look a bit clunky but I never go too far in them and they definitely last

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Thanks all

I had emailed Tredstep to ask if they do a repair service (bearing in mind the boots are several years old). They haven’t offered to fix them, but they are sending me a pair of zips (free) which they say are sturdier than the originals. And the saddler my friend recommended charges £25 per boot, so fingers crossed I’ll be reunited with my beloved boots before too long!!