Start height of xc fences at tweseldown

Shay

Visit site
Depends on the event and course. Its a really decent course - if you go schooling you have access to pretty much everything from the basics field all the way through to the Open fences. BE rules required that the venue is shut down for schooling over the flagged course before a BE event - but you can usually book in to school over the flagged course after the event has run.

The lowest fences on the basics field are probably 60cm? But I don;t think that areas in included in competition. If you are looking for a good schooling venue perhaps try Rogate? I love tweasledown. But if you are looking to try out a new horse XC Rogate's multiple options of the same fence at difference heights really helps.

ihatework

Visit site
There is plenty in the 70-90 bracket, it’s where I’ve started all my horses off xc.
Shame I moved away from the area, i could do with it now!

Auslander

Visit site
It's great there, but there's not much of the step-over variety, which I prefer fro green horses, so that they always get to the other side of the fence. Personally, I'd take green one to Mini Mattingley or Boomerang

Shay

Visit site
LMEQ is open - there is a run of very small (40 - 50) fences around the far outside. Everything else is 70 - 90. Or if you can wait Rogate is absolutely brilliant for starting XC. Most fences are identically replicated at 60, 70, 80 and 90. Only the very technical ones are not, and there is a mini run at 40/50cm through the first woods. But - as you say - that isn't open yet.