Start times for GP special

Tasha!

Visit site
Valegro mistook the aid to half pass as Charlotte asking for canter :(

Does Tucker really not see this stuff >.< he just talks over it lol

Tasha!

Visit site
Would have to be a disaster to lose silver I think. Hopefully she'll get all the mistakes out of the way before the freestyle lol

Biska

Visit site
Mike Tucker not seeming to realise this was a team competition......he should have known the % needed by C deJ to win the Gold and the % needed to lose the silver .....Rubbish output BBC. Loving Peter Storr. Well done Team GB, great effort all round.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Not impressed with tucker and that helicopter - slightly unfair!

Silver medal is still fab and really proud of spencer and Fiona. Lovely combinations!

Lexi_

Visit site
I'm absolutely delighted with that. The Germans are unbelievably strong at the moment so silver is a brilliant result for us.

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
That helicopter! GRR.

Still a stunning test though. Nice to see Carl interviewed on the telly, he comes across so well and a great ambassador for the sport :D

Mike Tucker needs to be sacked. Peter must have been cringing when he was just waffling on completely missing the problem happening in front of his eyes. He fills me with secondhand embarrassment.

LeneHorse

Visit site
Think the result was fair, and the commentary by Peter Storr was excellent and informative.
Just hope MT does not prattle throughout Monday's event as I really want to hear the music!

Tasha!

Visit site
Tucker gets a lot of flack, he's very experienced in is field I think I just wish he would pay a bit more attention and pipe down when something 'happens'. It was an issue during the eventing as well. But probably doesn't quite merit a sacking lol

Last edited:

Lexi_

Visit site
Dressage isn't his area of expertise though, is it? He didn't annoy me too much in the Grand Prix but I haven't seen any of today's action yet...

Just wish they were able to arm themselves with the stats. I'm not blaming the commentators or the BBC particularly, they're working with what they've got and I know it's not always ideal but it doesn't help the sport come across well when the viewers don't get told exactly what scores are needed for medals and the impact of what's just happened. It was really noticeable in the eventing showjumping that barely anything got said about medal implications until the last competitor had been and the scoreboard flashed up.

Biska

Visit site
Dressage isn't his area of expertise though, is it? He didn't annoy me too much in the Grand Prix but I haven't seen any of today's action yet...

Just wish they were able to arm themselves with the stats. I'm not blaming the commentators or the BBC particularly, they're working with what they've got and I know it's not always ideal but it doesn't help the sport come across well when the viewers don't get told exactly what scores are needed for medals and the impact of what's just happened. It was really noticeable in the eventing showjumping that barely anything got said about medal implications until the last competitor had been and the scoreboard flashed up.

I don't think Mike Tucker knows how to use a calculator, it's pathetic. His job is to inform, hopefully build suspense and he does neither. Drives me bonkers! All his dressage info comes from H&H Rio supplement. Lazy journalism. Aargh. Thank God for Mr. Storr.