Started raw feeding today...

masajackrussells

Visit site
I think I made a mistake choosing a combo with tripe in it for the first meal - the smell was foul! I'm assuming it's the tripe but it nearly made me change my mind :oops:. My husband refused to come anywhere near it! The dogs loved it though. Never seen cleaner bowls. And Carrot was the first to finish which never happens. She normally sits and thinks about whether she is going to eat for ten minutes then picks at it really slowly so despite the tripe smell I think we are on to a winner! Just have to accept that I will now be the only one feeding the dogs from now on though...

{97702}

Visit site
George adores his raw, and Colin will be fed on it too when he arrives - you are meant to start them on solely tripe for week one as it’s nice and bland, I’m kind of used to it after years of raw feeding ?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Oh ok - will have to stomach the tripe for a bit longer then!

Was that an intentional pun ! :) We used to feed nothing but raw tripe, used to get the full tripes from the abattoir, now that was a pleasant trip, driving home with 4 tripes sloshing round in buckets in the back. I used to brake very slowly during that journey !

masajackrussells

Visit site
Was that an intentional pun ! :) We used to feed nothing but raw tripe, used to get the full tripes from the abattoir, now that was a pleasant trip, driving home with 4 tripes sloshing round in buckets in the back. I used to brake very slowly during that journey !
Haha no it wasn't! It's a good one though! That sounds like a rather grim journey to me!

Hallo2012

Visit site
yes i was told a week to 10 days of tripe, then introduce white meat, then red meat then game last.

my chi is raw fed as are the 3 cats, but now he's used to it we have stopped any tripe as its so vile, bleurgh!

{97702}

Visit site
I thought of this thread today as I weighed out 150g of free flow minced raw tripe from a big bag into a dog bowl to defrost.... even though it’s frozen, the smell lingers on your hands ??

masajackrussells

Visit site
I thought of this thread today as I weighed out 150g of free flow minced raw tripe from a big bag into a dog bowl to defrost.... even though it’s frozen, the smell lingers on your hands ??
It does doesn't it! I cans mell it everywhere - there's probably a tiny drop on my clothes or something...