stem cell therapy questionnare (please fill it out)

stacey18

New User
Visit site
here are a couple questions which i would like you to answer so that i can find out more about stem cell therapy, is it as good as people say?

have you ever heard of stem cell theraphy? yes no

do you own a horse? yes no

if so .........

has your horse ever had a tendon injury? yes no

if so ..........

what discipline was your horse involed in when it got its injury ?

what method did you use to treat the tendon?

if your horse hasnt had a tendon injury what method would you use to treat the damaged tendon?

what are your view on stem cell therapy?.......................

do you know of anyone who has had stem cell therapy done to their horse? yes no

if so .....

was it a success, and is the horse back doing the work it was doing before it was injuried? yes no

thanks i would be really happy if you could help me as this is part of my college work :)

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site

have you ever heard of stem cell therapy? yes

do you own a horse? yes

if so .........

has your horse ever had a tendon injury? yes

if so ..........

what discipline was your horse involved in when it got its injury ? hunting

what method did you use to treat the tendon? box rest, Adequan injections, hydrotherapy,homeopathy,ultrasound

if your horse hasnt had a tendon injury what method would you use to treat the damaged tendon? anything the vet recommended or was ok with
what are your view on stem cell therapy?....................... As with any treatment, it can be a great benefit or no use whatsoever. I am always willing to try anything to get a horse right but i also accept that not every therapy works on every condition

do you know of anyone who has had stem cell therapy done to their horse? yes

if so ..... OH big hunter had PSD in the hind leg, the vet harvested blood/cells from his dock and sent them off to the lab
was it a success, and is the horse back doing the work it was doing before it was injuried? no as he died from colic while on box rest before he was able to receive the treatment:(

thanks i would be really happy if you could help me as this is part of my college work :) No problem but worth using the spellcheck before submitting your assignment...;)

abbieandfiona

Visit site
have you ever heard of stem cell theraphy? yes

do you own a horse? yes

if so .........

has your horse ever had a tendon injury? no

if so ..........

what discipline was your horse involed in when it got its injury ?

what method did you use to treat the tendon?

if your horse hasnt had a tendon injury what method would you use to treat the damaged tendon?

what are your view on stem cell therapy? if it helps the horse then would try it

do you know of anyone who has had stem cell therapy done to their horse? no

if so .....

was it a success, and is the horse back doing the work it was doing before it was injuried? yes no

thanks i would be really happy if you could help me as this is part of my college work :)[/QUOTE]

minmax

Visit site
here are a couple questions which i would like you to answer so that i can find out more about stem cell therapy, is it as good as people say?

do you own a horse? yes

if so .........2

if so ..........

what discipline was your horse involed in when it got its injury ? He was in the field.

what method did you use to treat the tendon? Rest walk hacking and built him back up.

My horse pulled his tendon in the field pawing at a pipe on the water bowser, he was on full livery and hadn't had any water in the field for 'a while' not sure how long.

what are your view on stem cell therapy?.......................Would use it if it would help.

if so .....

thanks i would be really happy if you could help me as this is part of my college work :)
My horse injured his tendon in the field, pawing at a water bowser that was empty.

native

Visit site

do you own a horse? yes

if so .........

if so ..........

what discipline was your horse involed in when it got its injury ? None - turned out in field

what method did you use to treat the tendon? stem cell therapy

if your horse hasnt had a tendon injury what method would you use to treat the damaged tendon? would go with what vet said

what are your view on stem cell therapy? Very good, saved my pony's life.

do you know of anyone who has had stem cell therapy done to their horse? yes, me

if so .....

was it a success, and is the horse back doing the work it was doing before it was injuried? yes it was a success as she now leads a comfortable life turned out, but she was only 2 when she injured herself so wasn't in work and can't be used as anything other than a companion now. But, her injury was unusual in it's severity.

Let me know if you need any more info.

hussar

Visit site
do you own a horse? yes
if so .........

if so ..........

what discipline was your horse involed in when it got its injury ? Endurance

what method did you use to treat the tendon? Rest, hyaluronic acid injection, rest, and rest.

what are your view on stem cell therapy? Great if your injury is suitable - mine wasn't.

if so .....