Steve Young Horsemanship

TPO

Visit site
Also after reading all the comments - we are going to try a ‘not so chatty’ video haha - not the next one as it’s a blog going to get Holly - but the next horse we go to help - less chat! X

I haven't watched any of your videos (yet) but I would say to stick to being yourselves and authentic.

The regular followers must like what they see.

I'd take on board the comments about the camera panning to unrelated things meaning that the horse stuff is missed. But don't try to be something you're not just to please a few people when there's a large following who like you all just the way you are.

Up thread there are just as many, if not more, positive comments about the chat.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Also after reading all the comments - we are going to try a ‘not so chatty’ video haha - not the next one as it’s a blog going to get Holly - but the next horse we go to help - less chat! X
I dont mind the chatty bits personally, I do find the bits where the camera goes off to a random passing cat or dog a bit distracting and sometimes the comments from the person videoing can be a bit distracting too but they are your videos and it does make them more individual and a bit different. I had not heard of Steve young before and after watching a few videos I do like his methods.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site

its nice to hear from you charlotte, i have had to give up horses due to an accident but i love watching how steve solves the different problems and the way he doesnt manhandle them to get a result. i wish i had seen his methods before as i had a mare who used to rush out of the stable and i never managed to stop her, just worked around it... i cant afford to subscribe but will carry on watching the free videos so please keep them coming...

Kaylum

Visit site
I love all the chat and the randomness. Loved the holiday video. If people don't like it they can skip those parts.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Because the chat happens in his chair not on site it’s pretty easy to scroll to the next bit. I’m sure lots find it useful though :)

Equi

Visit site
I actually find the chatter a very important part of the videos. If it’s all just “go go go” people will think you don’t give the horse a break and they then won’t either leading to stacking. Giving them time to process is one of the most important parts and I love how Steve does that. As for the chair chatter some times I listen sometimes I scroll. It’s not a bother.

Lois Lame

Visit site
... sometimes the comments from the person videoing can be a bit distracting too...

Yes, and of course, the voice of the camera-person will be much louder due to being much closer to the microphone. We have some home videos of the kids when they were little, and every now and then my husband's voice will boom over the general hubbub.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Saw a video of Steve young "training a dog" not to pull, made me pretty uncomfortable to be honest. Dog looked scared and confused. Bit disappointed to be honest.

Sandstone1

Visit site
The dog video is awful, no understanding of how dogs learn. I dislike his horse video's as well, a bit too Monty Roberts for me.
Yes, pretty disappointing really. He shows no knowledge of the signs of stress in dogs. Completely the wrong approach with dogs. Worst bit is all the people blowing smoke up his ass on his facebook page.

Thundering

Visit site
That is just horrendous. Poor poor dog. Its so confused and scared. I do not know how good he is with horses but if that is a example of his methods then I would not be using him. Dreadful, clearly knows nothing about dogs. I hope someone tells him so as a quick look at his Facebook page is full of people telling him what a wonderful dog trainer he is. All smoke and mirrors it seems.

Aleka81

Visit site
It's a Springer 90% of them look terrified when asked to do anything that involves rules.
If allowed to tank about like an idiot then they are more than happy.
Having said that it's not how I would train the dog. But there is no cruelty.

Sandstone1

Visit site
It's a Springer 90% of them look terrified when asked to do anything that involves rules.
If allowed to tank about like an idiot then they are more than happy.
Having said that it's not how I would train the dog. But there is no cruelty.
I disagree, its showing classic signs of stress there. In some parts its flat to the floor in fear. Also how on earth would that method work with bigger dogs? Try doing that with a 40 kilo gsd. Not to mention the fact that with the wrong dog he would get his face bitten off. Also I would say by the dogs reaction a lot more went on off camera.

Thundering

Visit site
I really hope someone shows this thread to Charlotte young along with the other one, someone needs to tell him he doesnt know what hes doing with dogs! Ive seen his latest video on his facebook page, he busy saying what a god job he did!

Dizzie

Visit site
Have seen a few videos on facebook recently. Steve Young, not heard of him before. Seems fairly sensible in most of what I have seen so far. Anyone know more about him? You have to subscribe to his channel which puts me off a bit but that might just be me.

I know you posted this back in July but I have just seen it. He is a drama queen with the gift of the gab for marketing himself. Obviously this is what he is about and if you look at some of the establishments he is visiting I can only but assume his fees are not insignificant!
He has horse sense yes but so do a lot of other people and 40 years around horses of all types has taught me that any and everyone of them is a potential danger to a human being in certain circumstances no matter how expert you are. This chap is no more "gifted" than anyone of the folk I know who deal with horses everyday. He does have the annoying habit of using the term "dangerous" at every opportunity rather than picking the owner up on being a numpty who is simply not up to owning a particular horse. Just my view.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I know you posted this back in July but I have just seen it. He is a drama queen with the gift of the gab for marketing himself. Obviously this is what he is about and if you look at some of the establishments he is visiting I can only but assume his fees are not insignificant!
He has horse sense yes but so do a lot of other people and 40 years around horses of all types has taught me that any and everyone of them is a potential danger to a human being in certain circumstances no matter how expert you are. This chap is no more "gifted" than anyone of the folk I know who deal with horses everyday. He does have the annoying habit of using the term "dangerous" at every opportunity rather than picking the owner up on being a numpty who is simply not up to owning a particular horse. Just my view.
Sadly, the video with the dog put me right off him.