Still Miss him.....

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Well it's been a month to the day that I let my baby boy sleep in peace and it's still so painful I feel so lost and lonely without him here, I know in time it will get better but right now it doesnt feel like it.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom but I hate this feeling of total emptiness...will it ever heal up enough?

He was my best friend, we had soo much fun times and tough times but he was always there for me...to chat to, cry on, laugh with and now it's all gone and I won't ever feel this again..

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
Massive hugs. There will be days when you feel really low, but then there will be days where you'll feel fine. It'll always be hard to look back on, but cherish the memories. It *does* get easier. x

Divasmum

Visit site
I really feel for you. I have been there! In all honesty it will get easier as time goes on. You will then lose the pain and have the wonderful memories.Big hugs to you.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Hugs hun. It gets different as time goes by. I don't know if it's 'better' per se, but the crying stops.

I'm just coming up to the first year of losing Tiggy. I have seen posts relating to peoples losses and wondered why, surely time passes and all becomes calm/accepting. I don't know if it was the bash on the head or what, but now I'm thinking of Tigs and wishing and crying. I have a lovely new horse, with issues, but still lovely. The last six months have been fine.

I think that Time does make it bearable, but it never takes away the feeling or the memories of what was so special.

Janesomerset

Visit site
I had my big horse for nearly 12 years, from the day he was born till the day he died from sub-acute grass sickness. After he'd gone, it was like falling into a void. I thought I could never love another horse like I loved him. He died in April 2002, and in August 2002 I got a rescue pony...I missed being around horses so much and this little one needed a home. I tried not to make comparisons (difficult sometimes!) and I can truly say that I feel for my "little" one now exactly how I felt for my "big" one. He is the light of my life. I still miss my "big" boy; in fact, I'm tearful just writing this. You will always remember your boy, and rightly so, but, believe me, another boy (or girl) may become special too. It's early yet; a month is no time at all to "heal up". Thinking of you. xx

Chestnutmare

Visit site
oh thanks everyone for the lovely words, I know I'm just being silly about it....I will one day when i'm ready to...give another horses a very happy loving home forever.

Thanks again....xx

you can all have a lovely glass of vino

JosieSmith

Visit site
You're not being silly at all. We love them so much, it's natural to grieve when they're no longer with us. Time is a great healer, and though I don't think it ever disappears, the grief will become easier to deal with. Hope you start to feel better soon, then you can remember all the good times and look back and smile

sqippa

Visit site
I don't think we ever stop missing them. But finding another to love really helps. Don't know how I'd have coped with losing old Mr B last year if I didn't have my other boy to hug and snivel with when I felt low.

Look at filling that void, you'll always miss your old boy but the good times you had are worth every minute of that pain you feel now he is gone. Working on building a new relationship with a new boy (or girl) won't stop you missing Merlin but will fill that big hole in your heart. There will be room in there for another!

It gets better,

Sqip

Chestnutmare

Visit site
i'm lucky really that i have my mare to cuddle still and love all the way to her passing....which i hope wont be for sometime yet!!
I can't afford another horse yet, it's still very raw for me to even think about getting another but i'm sure I'll know when it's right...the new love of my life might just appear before my eyes when least expected!!

Thanks again to the lovely hugs - much apprecitaed. xx