still waiting for new Ideal saddle

DorothyJ

Visit site
I have been looking forward to having my new Ideal Suzannah dressage saddle, having ordered it in late January. I was quoted an 8-10 week turnaround but it has been 13 weeks now. The saddler I ordered it through is chasing Ideal, as I am. I really hope it won't take much longer.

Just wondering whether anyone else is in a similar situation?

Skippys Mum

Visit site
I was quoted a 6 week delivery last year - I waited 4 months for it (and it then had to go back to have adjustments made which took another 6 weeks :(). Its a lovely saddle but the customer service department needs to brush up their skills!

McW

Visit site
Do you need anything special? If not I'd be inclined to look around for one in stock. I was lucky the size we needed had been delivered a week before as a demo and hadn't even been girthed up.it is lovely so will be worth the wait

DorothyJ

Visit site
Many thanks for the replies, at least I know its not just me! I could always cancel for a full refund and indeed just had a looked at what I can find for sale online.

Have seen an advert for a second-hand Ideal Suzannah made by Crown. Is there any difference does anyone know? Is it basically the same saddle and will it have a lower resale value as its a Crown version?

DorothyJ

Visit site
Update: Now almost June and still waiting for the saddle due in mid April. Ideal's customer services team leaves something to be desired. Can't even tell me when the saddle will go into production. Useless!

Off to phone them again ....... :mad:

Suziq77

Visit site
Have you actually written to them informing them of your intention to invoke your rights under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, informing them that you wish to make time of the essence and stipulating a deadline for delivery?

Personally I'd be sick of making phone calls by now!

9tails

Visit site
They haven't even started it? Lordy, I'd be looking elsewhere.

They'll tell you they can't catch the cow next.

DorothyJ

Visit site
I ordered through The Horse Boutique (they had a really good deal on) rather than ordering direct with Ideal. I am loathed to cancel the order, although The Horse Boutique has offered me a full refund due to the delay. They are also hassling Ideal and getting the same crap customer service.

I am keeping my eye out for one second hand in the meantime, but I want brown and 18 inch and they are rare as hen's teeth.

Apparently once they start making the saddle, it only takes a week or so. The problem is that I think they are processing bigger orders from Europe and the little man, such as me, just gets left waiting.