Stinky farts!

Custard Cream

Visit site
5yr old female Spinone has recently had really smelly wind. She's coming to the end of her season at the minute. Diet has not changed at all, Skinners Museli which she's eaten all her life. She gets a dentistix at lunchtime and that's it. No scraps of human food.

I've cooked a couple of chicken breasts for her to have tomorrow.

I'm guessing its dietary related, but nothing has changed.

Dog is well in all other respects. Any ideas?

Micky

Visit site
You said it..its dietary :)....Try her on a relatively grain/cereal free diet. I noticed my lab x collie stopped trumping when i changed her food and she stopped having any scraps esp lick the casserole dish out scenario! The front room is now odour free

lexiedhb

Visit site
I tried a lot of different foods (wet/kibble, grain free, different meats yadda yadda) with differing ingredients in order to reduce the room clearing pongs that used to come from my dogs back end- only thing that stopped it- within 48hrs- was raw.

Alec Swan

Visit site
We have Dave who's a seven month old Lurcher pup. Fart? Stink? You lot know nothing. It really is grim.

Privately, on here, I asked another what to do "RAW" she roared, it made matters worse. When I was talking to a Veterinary nurse for whom I have some respect, she said "Cut out the raw food".

Dave continues to fart, and the polish is lifting from my beautiful office desk. It's beyond funny, it's horrible.

I may try charcoal, how does it arrive and how do I feed it, or do I shove it up his arse?

Alec.

Fides

Visit site
We have Dave who's a seven month old Lurcher pup. Fart? Stink? You lot know nothing. It really is grim.

Privately, on here, I asked another what to do "RAW" she roared, it made matters worse. When I was talking to a Veterinary nurse for whom I have some respect, she said "Cut out the raw food".

Dave continues to fart, and the polish is lifting from my beautiful office desk. It's beyond funny, it's horrible.

I may try charcoal, how does it arrive and how do I feed it, or do I shove it up his arse?

Alec.

Raw does help believe it or not but has to be the right percentage of bones to meat - switch to all meat and it will stink. Mind you the farts smell better than the bones sometimes lol

I feed mine charcoal biscuits. You can get them in most pet shops - the black bone shaped things are them. They also work on hoomans but taste awful!

Fides

Visit site

Alec.

Raw does help believe it or not but has to be the right percentage of bones to meat - switch to all meat and it will stink. Mind you the farts smell better than the bones sometimes lol

I feed mine charcoal biscuits. You can get them in most pet shops - the black bone shaped things are them. They also work on hoomans but taste awful!

EAST KENT

Visit site
Think about it..if you get wind and fart a lot you know that what you ate upsets your digestion.Same with your dog,food with grain in it causes fermentation and gas,don`t feed it. Quality raw does not cause any gas,try raw chicken carcases,that alone is a perfect diet anyway,our`s are all fed this ..not a fart from anyone,ever.

fallenangel123

Visit site
Does anyone else's dog suffer with loud farts? I have a Dane x Rottweiler who trumps like he has a kazoo up his butt! They are not particularly smelly, just loud and somewhat embarrassing when passing people in the street!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I tried a lot of different foods (wet/kibble, grain free, different meats yadda yadda) with differing ingredients in order to reduce the room clearing pongs that used to come from my dogs back end- only thing that stopped it- within 48hrs- was raw.

Funny you should say that, my lot currently stink. They've had a lot of venison recently. Maybe that's it, who knows, but it's horrific. :(

Alec.

My youngsters nick the charcoal from the wood burner and will eat as much as they can find. Big dog won't touch it.

Does anyone else's dog suffer with loud farts? I have a Dane x Rottweiler who trumps like he has a kazoo up his butt! They are not particularly smelly, just loud and somewhat embarrassing when passing people in the street!

Bear does audible farts and always looks round at his own rear in amazement. Funny as hell!