Stirrup help please!

WillowTree21

Visit site
Hi All,

I have a pair of sprenger bow balance stirrups, specifically brought because I suffer with ankle pain from a previous break.

But they’re actually very uncomfortable & have made the pain worse.

I need a safety stirrup that has good shock absorbing qualities, to help with the ankle pain. Any recommendations??

9tails

Visit site
I have Acavallo Opera stirrups and rate them highly. I finish a ride without any pain whatsoever now and have converted another rider to them. She reported after two rides that she found she had no knee pain having suffered for years. They're light and flexible, not joined at the top so will be forced open if you fall off. I haven't fallen off, they're hard to lose.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Stirrups seem to be SO personal, can you try any belonging to friends or fellow liveries? Thinline make a stirrup wrap that would offer some shock absorption, the hinged stirrups work well for some with ankle or knee issues (I have them but don't have those issues), and even a 90 degree slot at the top for the leather makes a difference, I had MDCs when I was riding and found them very comfortable.

AFB

Visit site
I have Jin's and find they offer a lot of support as the foot plate is much wider than a normal iron.

Flex-on's are the ones that usually come up as an answer for your query, I can't comment on them personally but you can trial them from various retailers?