Stirrup help!

Rachael42

Visit site
I have knee pain when I ride, I’m only 21. I used to use metal stirrups but switched to lighter compositi stirrups which made a slight difference but I still suffer. Anyone got a pair of stirrups that help with knee pain? Not wanting to spend a fortune on them. Thank you!

doodle

Visit site
I have the flexi stirrups. The copies so a bit cheeper. Definitely help my knees, they ache so much without them.

lolabelle36

Visit site
Flex ons! They arent cheap but they have revolutionised riding for me. I have those and wide stirrup leathers and ride pretty much pain free now.

AFB

Visit site
Flex-ons but they're not cheap.

If budget is a real sticking point try a cheaper copy of Jin stirrups, I have Jins myself and the wider footplate has really helped both stabilise my lower leg and take the pressure off so they might help to a certain extent at a fraction of the cost of Flex-ons.

But really, save up for Flex-ons if you can.

Ceriann

Visit site
Do they make that much difference? I have had a total hip replacement and occasionally suffer with it (muscle not the joint) and have considered stirrups and the wider leathers. I did a close to two hour hack on Sunday and I felt it!

Dustygirl

Visit site
I bought myself some of the new Le Mieux stirrups and I love them. I feel more stable in my leg and no knee pain.

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
I have the Acavallo Arena Alupro Safety Stirrups, and they have helped my knees and hips no end.
I ride as part of my job and definitely notice the difference between using the Acavallo Arena Alupro Safety Stirrups, and just standard stirrups.
They are quite pricey but definitely worth it IMO.