stirrup irons to ease painful knee?

Capriole

Visit site
my knee is acting up again, can anyone give me some stirrup iron reviews please?

ive seen a few types of irons that claim to ease painful joints but want to know how they perform if anyones tried them.

Price IS an issue
smile.gif

cellie

Visit site
I bought some flexis 6 months ago and they seemed to help havent used them for a while with lame horse but they did help at the time

DreamerII

Visit site
I have poorly formed cartillage(sp?) round the join in my right knee. It plays up mostly round this time of year and I often feel the bones hitting each other when I ride!

YO gave me some Thorowgood Tuff Stirrups and because they are light weight they seem to help (they move with your feet/allow more movement from below the knee) and I find they help (I dunno how, but not had knee problems this winter!)

And, they are fairly cheap!

http://www.rideaway.co.uk/index2.php3?se...amp;catcode2=TH

Sorry if that is NO help at all!

Accy

Visit site
I use Sprenger Bow Balance, and they really do help, I have had three operations on my knees and fifteen seperate treatments after that and with the Bow Balance i have no pain when riding, the joys of dodgy knees

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I just found these too! Might be a good combination of the light weight-ness and the flexibility that I'm sure people are gonna suggest in more expensive makes!

http://www.rideaway.co.uk/index2.php3?se...mp;catcode2=RTS

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great, and really inexpensive. The saddle company I sell for recommends the Jumper flexi stirrups (at about £120 a pair!) but I just tell customers about the Thorogood ones instead (at about £18!!)
grin.gif

DreamerII

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just found these too! Might be a good combination of the light weight-ness and the flexibility that I'm sure people are gonna suggest in more expensive makes!

http://www.rideaway.co.uk/index2.php3?se...mp;catcode2=RTS

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great, and really inexpensive. The saddle company I sell for recommends the Jumper flexi stirrups (at about £120 a pair!) but I just tell customers about the Thorogood ones instead (at about £18!!)
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the non-flexi tuff stirrups which I find seem to do the job for me (at least I have had only on occurrance of the knee pain this year!)

I ride almost everyday and if I ride a different horse I take my stirrups with me!

kerilli

Visit site
i can't tell the difference between the normal sprenger and the bow balance, but i can really tell if i use normal stirrups (wrecked a knee a few years ago, had to have it operated on.)
the cheaper versions are prob fine as long as you're not doing fastwork or jumping, as i have heard of cheaper ones breaking.
the sprenger ones are half the price in germany if you know anyone over there... i got 2 pairs for £80, which was a bit more like it!

Drummer

Visit site
I think the only difference with the Bow Balance to the normal Sprengers are that they are 'safety stirrups' much like bent leg irons I guess??

They are expensive but soooo worth it and last forever!