Stirrup recommendations

Coblette

Visit site
Trying to decide if I should get some new stirrup irons? I currently have normal stainless steel irons and most of my riding is out hacking but going to start doing a little jumping and low xc so wondering if I need something a little safer? So conflicting reading about what is safest!!

I’m also looking at the Henry James stirrup leathers, anyone got them? Are they nice and do they mark your saddle?!!

Any help is much appreciated thank you ?

Green Bean

Visit site
There are plenty of safety stirrups on the market, and we all have our favourites. I like the Tech Stirrups, but have the Athena version which have a slight slope to them for jumping. Tech stirrups 'Venice' are safety stirrups with various colours. I am sure others will let you know their favourites.
Can't help with the stirrup leathers

JulesRules

Visit site
I'd always use a safety stirrup for jumping after a friend had a nasty accident some years ago that would have been avoided with safety stirrups.

I have the Arena Alupro on my mare. My Highland doesn't jump, but I'm just looking at getting safety stirrups ready to start him jumping.

I find some of the grippy modern stirrups are so much better than the traditional kind. I wouldn't go back now I've got used to better stirrups so I think it's definitely worth investing in a decent pair.

AFB

Visit site
I have the Henry James leathers - I got the half hole ones which are fab as really adjustable. Quality wise I'm pleased, they have marked a little but it was a brand new saddle so it was going to show up anything and it does polish out on the odd occasion I clean it...

RachaelJC

Visit site
I have Tech Venice and love them. I've fallen off a handful of times in them, including cantering whilst out hacking (damn pheasants jumping out of bushes into the path of a young pony!), and the release has never failed.

Coblette

Visit site
I have the Henry James leathers - I got the half hole ones which are fab as really adjustable. Quality wise I'm pleased, they have marked a little but it was a brand new saddle so it was going to show up anything and it does polish out on the odd occasion I clean it...
Yes heard good things about the leather quality will order myself some :)