Stirrups for arthritis.

missmatch

Visit site
I have quite severe arthritis and now have stress fractures in both tibias. I have started seeing a private physiotherapist and she advised looking for recommendations for stirrups suitable for arthritic joints. I cannot ride for a while so have a few weeks to get an idea of what’s what. Thank you.

QuantockHills

Visit site
I have quite severe arthritis and now have stress fractures in both tibias. I have started seeing a private physiotherapist and she advised looking for recommendations for stirrups suitable for arthritic joints. I cannot ride for a while so have a few weeks to get an idea of what’s what. Thank you.
Before my 2 hip replacements, I was struggling with pain so bought the sprenger balance stirrups. they helped a lot with my arthritis. i still use them now even though my hips are ok now.... (well, since i've got 2 new ones!)

eggs

Visit site
I used the Sprenger ones for years and thought they were good but using Flex-ons has been an eye opener. I can now ride without paid. I got the half and half footbeds (half incline half flat). They are expensive and my trainer thought I was nuts to spend so much on a pair of stirrups but after riding my horse with them she went straight out and bought a pair for herself.

Circe2

Visit site
Korsteel’s flexible fillis irons are also decent (I say that as somebody with a totally ruined ankle) - Sprenger system 4 are on my wishlist, but until the lucky day I can splurge on those, the borrowed pair of Korsteels are doing a really good job ?

if you’re all about jumping/eventing/anything bar dressage and showing, I’m sure there are a lot of lovely high-tech stirrups out there that cater for bad ankles.. unfortunately I have to strive for the “traditional” look, which basically limits me to Sprenger!

Lara_jane

New User
Visit site
Hi, I have RA and I use Tech Athena stirrups - I actually found the sprengers too bouncy and rolled my ankles in them. Try to borrow some before you buy.