Stolen baby donkey

meleeka

Visit site
Usually when these cases occur, they are found deceased in a bush somewhere, but knowing this place, the donkeys with babies would have been close the the yard. There are fields bordering the drive (so the public can see the cute babies on the way in), so it’s possible it was stolen from there. The only positive I can think of is that a baby donkey is pretty conspicuous and there aren’t many of them about, so hopefully it’s too hot to handle now and will he returned to or left somewhere.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
How awful some people are just scum.

A shetland breeder had a foal stolen near me they put it everywhere on social media they also contacted farm stores and vets to see if anyone had tried to buy milk products for feeding a foal.

The foal became to hot I think as she was found abandoned on a roundabout not far from where she came from.

They also visited sites belonging to a certain community and looked in the fields nearby.

toppedoff

Visit site
How awful some people are just scum.

A shetland breeder had a foal stolen near me they put it everywhere on social media they also contacted farm stores and vets to see if anyone had tried to buy milk products for feeding a foal.

The foal became to hot I think as she was found abandoned on a roundabout not far from where she came from.

They also visited sites belonging to a certain community and looked in the fields nearby.
so sad, how long ago was that?

a few months ago a filly cob was dead and dumped in front of someones gate in st albans, unsure if it the owners or stolen though

Denali

Visit site
Do you guys not have something similar to NetPosse? Those people have such a wide reach in North America and have been really successful at recovering stolen equines.

It’s so sad when this happens.

toppedoff

Visit site
It's nice to know someone local we are in Symondshyde, there was a foal dumped in our lane a few years ago it was horrible.

The shetland breeder is in Wheathampstead.
ah not too far then at all!!! so sad im sorry about the foal that dumped. i havent heard of the shetland breeder but i dont really go to wheathampstead, i only go there to go titmuss and back unless the breeder is the one with the field near titmuss

toppedoff

Visit site
Do you guys not have something similar to NetPosse? Those people have such a wide reach in North America and have been really successful at recovering stolen equines.

It’s so sad when this happens.
you'd think we do since the uk is smaller but i dont think so. any stolen or missing horses get reposted on facebook really. it is quite dreadful, ive heard of full loans being sold - thats a common trope. i believe the police class stolen/missing horses as a civil case or something (What i was told after an incident broke out that a riding school i used to help at then they moved was starving and mistreating a horse but never changed the passport so the OG owner took back the horse and the YO called the police and said it is a civil matter). is it like that in America?

Denali

Visit site
you'd think we do since the uk is smaller but i dont think so. any stolen or missing horses get reposted on facebook really. it is quite dreadful, ive heard of full loans being sold - thats a common trope. i believe the police class stolen/missing horses as a civil case or something (What i was told after an incident broke out that a riding school i used to help at then they moved was starving and mistreating a horse but never changed the passport so the OG owner took back the horse and the YO called the police and said it is a civil matter). is it like that in America?
No it’s not. Livestock are viewed as property so it’s criminal.

God that’s awful that it’s considered civil.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I hope this pony is found too

This is Dazzle. This is her with her last foal. This year she is not in foal. Between 6pm Tuesday and 11am Wednesday she was stolen from my fields and taken by people at the moment unknown. I am offering a thousand pound (£1000!!!) reward for her return or for information leading to her safe recovery. She is passported and microchipped so it will be easy to prove ownership. Can we share this as far and wide as possible, and get her back home, please. Herts Police have been informed. Based in Herts AL48BH area.....
350858113_233076279434827_4045939607751057000_n.jpg

PurBee

Visit site

This is Dazzle. This is her with her last foal. This year she is not in foal. Between 6pm Tuesday and 11am Wednesday she was stolen from my fields and taken by people at the moment unknown. I am offering a thousand pound (£1000!!!) reward for her return or for information leading to her safe recovery. She is passported and microchipped so it will be easy to prove ownership. Can we share this as far and wide as possible, and get her back home, please. Herts Police have been informed. Based in Herts AL48BH area.....

That terrible! 😢 Fingers crossed the foal is found swiftly.

asmp

Visit site

Are there any better photos of the mare? (Side on) As she’s coloured I’m assuming she will have markings that will make her easier to spot.

toppedoff

Visit site

this is local to me. has this been posted on fb groups? ill keep an eyeout