stolen horses/trailers/tack notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Hi, - 7.50am this morning a white high sided van entered into troopers at drivers end and stopped a short distance from my field entrance. I could not see the number plate as it was obscured by the gate. Immediately made pursuit towards the vehicle but it reversed out in a hurry when it saw me coming and so could not get in view in time to take the number. Troopers has security cameras in all areas of their grounds and they are currently being checked. Will keep you posted of any further info. keep vigilant, they are obviously still in the area.

The following vehicle was seen at Knebworth Park show last night. It entered the show ground, drove around the far end, viewed some coloured horses and then left. We do not have a description of the occupant but vehicle details are as follows

Dark green Cheerokee Jeep, registration number L788 ULL

In light of the recent suspicious incidencies at nearby Arnolds Farm, please keep this vehicles details to hand and report any suspicious incidencies to the Police on 0845 33 00 222. For an emergency please dial 999.

It is important that as many details of the vehicles and it's occupants are taking, specifically make, model, colour and registration number. Even a partial registration number willl help.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Please take a look at the link and lists enclosed.

This is the same sad story of found property that cannot be returned because it is not post coded.

How would you feel about your tack being given back to the theives because it cannot be identified???

The descriptions given show how little the average person know about tack so it is no good telling people your has a mark on the cantle.

Please post code your property or ask Horsewatch to do it for you.

I found out about these by accident and have been trying to find out more with help from D I David Collings from Hampshire. Thanks & lets hope someone recognises something!

Photolink:
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/nfed2/Horsewatch/tack150606/

I have saddles here at Leatherhead police station
most of them are wintec synthetic saddles, possibly from a riding school and three other saddles (none of them new)
Please look at the above attachments

If any of the above could belong to you or any person that you know please can you call 01306 676834 to arrange an appointmnet to view the property

Fran
pc 3239 davey

Exhibit FD 5 – A Black acrylic saddle with green cottage craft numbna only one stirrup girth strap approx 38 cm from cantle to pommel, no identifying marks.

Exhibit FD 6 – A small brown pony saddle, no stirrups, but a girth strap

Exhibit FD7 – An acrylic Wyntec brown saddle stirrups with jointed foot plates so they move have rubber sides on stirrups (see photo).

Exhibit FD8 – A black possibly dark brown leather saddle Spalding Britannica Elite with distinctive cross motif on side (see photo FD8A) also small enamelled button in red with similar cross logo in gold. By cantle small plastic tag with the word FLIAR on it this would appear to a brand nameof some description. Fleece and green numbna, 39cm cantle to pommel.

Exhibit FD9 – A Black acrylic Maxam saddle possibly a “THURAGOOD” saddle stirrups 40 cm cantle to pommel

Exhibit FD10 – A Brown leather saddle with bridle, bit stirrups well worn but seems of very fine and of good quality, Black numbna

Exhibit FD11 – A Brown leather saddle with a brown gel suede seat pad with Heather Moffat on a leather brand label, stirrups hinged at point where foot plate meets side,
40 cm cantle to pommel, nice quality again.

Exhibit FD12 – A Black acrylic Maxam saddle with styrups still with care instructions attached measure given on saddle as 16inches.

Exhibit FD13 – A Black acrylic Wintec saddle with purple numbna. Stirrups

Exhibit FD14- A mixed bag of 17 individual bits of tack which I can not with certainty identify

Exhibit FD 15 – A set of long reins possibly for small carrage? (Described on Exhibit tag as red bridle)

Exhibit FD16 – A Black acrylic Maxam saddle no stirrups brown nylon girth strap

Exhibit FD17 – A Black wintec saddle stirrups and a black numbna with the brand name “SHIRES”

Exhibit FD18 – A lunging harness, khaki green (exhibited as a bridle)

Exhibit FD19 – What would appear to be the harness for a smallpony and trap
1x Trap Harness in black acrylic with yellow piping
1x Blinkers black acrylic yellow piping
1x Bridal and long reins
1x Girth strap
(exhibited as bridle/harness)

Exhibit FD 20- 3x girth straps

Exhibit FD21 -1 x Carriage or lunging whip black (exhibited as horse whip)

Exhibit FD 22- A white fleecy numbna

If you have any questions on these items please speak either to me or PC 3239 Fran Davey
Our contact details areas follows
PC 3135 Martin Savage e mail 3135@surrey.pnn.police.uk
Tel office No. 01306 676338
Or
PC 3239 Fran Davey e mail 3239@surrey.pnn.police.uk
Tel office No. 01306 676834

Both phones have an answering facility so please do contact us
The crime reference for this is covered by B/06/13119

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
At 01:50 on 10/07/06 Sandon saddlery in Sandon Hertfordshire was broken into. The offenders made off with about 80 saddles. The saddles were individually passed through a hole cut in the front door, and selected with only the most valuable being taken. Two saddles at the front of the display, including a very fine
Stubben, which had been microchipped were left alone. Obviously the thieves knew what they were taking as they would have to have passed the two saddles on a saddle horse 80 times!
A microchipped saddle can be traced and these theives know that it's not worth the trouble to take them.
I cannot stress enough the benefits of having your saddle microchipped which are:
Proof of ownership, should the saddle be taken and recovered by the police, the microchip can be read and the owner identified on the central register.

Recently the police had to burn a number of saddles which had been confiscated from thieves but could not be traced to the owners.

On another occaision a suspicious lorry was stopped at the docks with 300 saddles on board but because none were microchipped the police were powerless to arrest the driver as there was no way to prove he did not own them.

One lady loaned out her horse with a Stubben saddle. When the horse
was returned it came back with a synthetic saddle. If the saddle had
been microchipped the person who loaned the horse could not have
disputed that it was the wrong saddle.

For more information on microchipping visit www.saddleguard.co.uk

Sooty

Visit site
Coincidence - I was talking to Miss DN about these incidents yesterday. A neighbour noticed someone attempting to break into her premises, called the police - who refused to do anything. Friends in high places had to be alerted before the police would turn out. Marvellous!

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
On the evening of Sunday 23 July 2006 a suspicious person was seen coming out of farm buildings. The occupant was away and no one should have been around but then two more people emerged from the corn barn. A four wheel drive vehicle then come out with at least four people inside it and drove off across the adjoining field. These people were persued on foot but the car drove out and dissapeared west along the North Crawley Road. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. The vehicle registration appeared to be G571 G**. It was a blue or silvery blue Mitsubishi Shogun or similar make.

At around the same time a silver Discovery had been spotted by another farmer who went to investigate, however when he got back to his own buildings found that several items had been stolen. The vehicle went through a gate on the raodside just by the entrance to Crawley Road council tip. The gate was left open and had to be tied up otherwise the cattle in the fields would have escaped onto the road.

This incident could have endangered the safety of members of the public as the footpaths are well used and the vehicles were driven at a reckless
speed.

The feedback of information from this coordinator has been greatly appreciated and will hopefully lead to an arrest.

The concern is that the cattle could have got out on the road and that if there had been horses in the field they too could have escaped. These people have got no regard for anything so please be aware that gates should be secured by ensuring that their hinges are reversed so that the gate can not be lifted off it's hinges and that they should be locked closed with a strong lock and chain.

If you are able to supply any further information in connection with this incident please contact Helen Sharratt on 01908 686169 or if you see anyone
acting suspiciously or a vehicle which matches the description please dial

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
I would just like to inform you of a suspicious vehicle which appeared at my yard this evening approx 6.15-6.30pm Wednesday 26th July 2006 in Barkway, Near Royston, Hertfordshire.

A white Ford Transit pulled into the yard and stopped very close to the stables, a man with an Irish accent asked about the price of manure and then said that he had heard that the stables were for sale. I informed him that he was wrong and they weren't for sale. He then asked again about the manure and I told him that he could take some tonight which he declined saying that he had building supplies in the back.

I immediately called the police on the non-emergency number to log the incident. The number plate of the white transit van was JH 52 AHA. The man appeared to have blondish curly hair and was probably in his 40's and he was alone.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Please keep your eyes and ears open for this one and forward on to any horsey friends. Thanks I have just had my Leyland Daf 45/130 3 horse lorry (with living)
stolen last night from a small yard in Yateley Hants.

It is a light/mint green colour with Horses on the front over the cab in white whiting. Its registration number is N897 BOV, it is in very good condition. Hants police are handling the case their phone number is 0845 045 4545 and the crime reference number is 44060283812.

Perhaps you would be able to circulate the details to your data base in the
hope that someone may have some information they can give the Police.

Many thanks for your help.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
The pony detailed below is still regarded as missing rather than stolen. He was being ridden in the Tickton, near Beverley area of East Yorkshire on Monday evening 24th July when he decanted his rider and took off. He has not been seen since, despite a massive search both on foot and on horseback and by the police helicopter. His owners are very distraut and I have agreed to send his details round the system on a "sooner rather than later" basis.

Jasper

12.2 bright bay gelding 8 years old. Four white stockings, crooked white blaze. Small white "splat" mark to girth area, only visible when pony is rolling.

Owner: Heather Hargreaves
Tel: 01964 543244 or mobile 07971 409468

Crime reference number: CP1388913/2006
Humberside Police:
Tel: 01482 351211

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
STOLEN.
July 2006
Stolen from: Ashford, Kent.
Freezemark number. B9A3
Position of Freezemark Near Side Saddle
Colour Bay Sex Gelding
Breed /Type Dutch Height 15.2 hh
Distinctive marks: White star & stripe, 2white front sock & O.H white sock.
Police details: Ashford, kent
Crime number: JZ484206
Farmkey offer a £5000 reward for the information, which leads to the Conviction of anyone stealing a Farmkey freezemarked Horse.
Phone Farmkey on 0870 870 7107 with any information.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Please see details of two new stolen horses taken from Northampton. Will update SHR asap.

1. Mare. 15H heavy coloured cob (black and white). 9 Yrs old. Due to foal in five weeks. Full and heavy feather from the knees down. Wide White face and muzzle, black up both sides of the head, white mane (full), black chest. white neck and shoulders both sides. white bum both sides, on right rear a large black mark extending from the top of the hind quarter half way along its back and down to its belly then a smaller mark on its belly running quarter way up towards the back and short way towards front legs. On the left a black mark extending from the front of the rear quarter, quarter way along its back and circling from the top to its belly. All 4 legs white. Black full tail.

2. Mare 14h coloured cob (Black and White). 4 yrs old. Black head with a white blaze extending from forehead to and including the muzzle. Black mark just below left nostril. Full white mane, Black chest Right side all white with the exception of a lareg black mark covering half of hind quarter and extending quarter way alond belly (this mark does not fully extend onto its back. Left side large black mark on rear hind quarter not quite onto back extending along the lower part of belly to and including the rear of fron leg. All legs white with the exception of the rear top of the front right. Full white feathering, Full black tail. This mare had three shoes on when stolen.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Stolen 31.07/01.08.2006 from Stainforth at Doncaster -

25+ year old mare called BABE, light palamino, 12.1 hands with white blaze. Not shod. Has marble size growth on rear quarters. Underweight. Snarls at people.

Owner fears she maybe sold onto a "knacker man" in the very near future.

An attempt was made to steal two other ponies from the same location, but this proved difficult and they were left loose on the road.

Mare was transported in stolen white trailer with "Valet Express" on it.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
I HAVE JUST HAD A TELEPHONE CALL FROM A LADY WHO HAS HAD A HORSE STOLEN
FROM THE ST MICHAEL'S / HIGH HALDEN AREA OF MAIDSTONE.

The horse is a 15.2hh thoroughbred chestnut gelding with two white socks
on his hind legs,

3 years old.

This horse is NOT freezemarked but is microchipped and so if found can
be identified.

It was in its field last night but had gone this morning.

A photo is being sent through to me so as soon as I have this I will
post it on the Kent Horsewatch website.

If you have any information on this theft / missing horse please contact
me immediately.

Thank you.

the watcher

Visit site
Police are appealing to the public for help in tracing those responsible for stealing a horse drawn carriage worth several thousand pounds from a farm in Andoversford, near Cheltenham.
The two axle, four-wheel Bennington pony carriage, which is valued at around £7,500, was stolen from the farm between 11.30am and mid-day on Tuesday August 22.
Between these times a Royal blue Ford Transit type van, with panel sides and two heavily tinted rear windows, parked near the premises and two men got out.
They opened a gate leading to a yard and wheeled the carriage to the back of the van, physically lifting it inside the rear compartment before driving off.
One of the men has been described as white with a slim build and short, brown hair. He was wearing jeans and a red and white striped top.
Police investigating the theft have issued a picture of a carriage similar to the one that was stolen – the only difference is that the stolen carriage is in silver and blue rather than silver and red.
Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the carriage, or who has any information about the theft, is asked to contact police on 0845 090 1234, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting incident number 280 of August 22.

the watcher

Visit site
Overnight between 12/13 Sept thieves used cutting equipment to break into a locked inner barn at a stables in Snowshill, gloucestershire. Once inside, they stole 3 saddles and 3 show bridles and various other smaller items. Please be aware that this type of theft appears to be starting up again in this area and look out for any suspicious persons or vehicles in the vicinity of premises where tack may be stored.

the watcher

Visit site

Horse theft arrests

Two people have been arrested in connection with the theft of some horses from a farm in the Wolverley area of Kidderminster last week. The two horses, one a thoroughbred racehorse and the second a light bay pony, were stolen from a field at Blakeshall between Friday 25 August and Saturday 26 August.

Following a media appeal for information, a member of the public contacted the police to say the horses had been sighted. Two women, both in their 30s and from Kidderminster, were arrested on Friday 1 September and are now on police bail until next month while enquiries continue.

Local police officer PC Sally Sliwinska says, “We would like to thank the media and the public for their assistance with this enquiry. The horses have now been returned to their owner.”

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
I am sending this message to inform you that on Sunday afternoon, 24th September, two horses were stolen from a field in Ableton Road, Hallen.

The horses description are;

Dark Bay mare, maybe in foal (Ex army horse)

Dark Bay cob gelding with white stripe on face.

Anyone with any information or has seen anything suspicious, please call the police on 0845 456 7000

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
A burglary has been reported at a farm in Park Road in Stevington, on Wednesday the 27th of September, between 8:30 in the morning and 3:30 in the afternoon.

The gates to the property had been smashed open.

A trailer was taken from the yard area, and 4 jack russell puppies were taken from the stables. The puppies are only 8 weeks old.

Bedfordshire Police ask local residents to be vigilant, and to report anything suspicious immediately.

If you have any information about this crime, please call the Police Control Centre on (01234) 841212 and quote URN 299 for the 27th of September.

the watcher

Visit site
STOLEN

Substantial Reward
MOLLY – Stolen from Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove,
Thursday night 1st June. 15.1hh, 7 yrs. Piebald cob mare. 1 wall eye on nearside. Feathered whorl under mane. 2 black ears, white mane, black and white tail. Distinctive grey patch, approx 2cm diameter above nearside nostril with 2 small black spots inside it.
4 white legs. Large black patch on each side of flank and on chest. Small mottled patches on withers, back and under stomach. Very quiet temperament, loves people.

Please contact me with any
information:

Vicki Trezise 07748 121 692
vickitrezise74@yahoo.co.uk

Will reimburse any
Innocent buyer

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
A incident has been reported at an address in Silver Street in Stevington Bedfordshire overnight on the 3rd to the 4th of October.

An unknown offender has entered a field were a New Forest horse and foal are
kept. The offender has cut the mane from the horse. This horse unbroken.

It is possible that the offender may have been injured by the horse, as it is quite wild.

A resident was woken by a gate shutting at about midnight, but did not investigate the noise.

Bedfordshire Police advice horse owners to be particularly vigilant and to report any thing suspicious.

If you have any information about this crime please call the Police Control
Centre on 01234 841212, and quote URN 173 for the 4th of October.

stormhorse

Visit site
Bradley

Freezemark 17ZC

Breed NEW FOREST
Gender Gelding
Description / Comments Freezemark 17ZC, Bay, Gelding , New Forest, 13.2hh. White Star.
Colour Bay
Height 13.2 HH
Age 13years
Stolen from North Tawton, Devon.
Date of Theft 05-10-2006
Region Somerset Horsewatch

'Bradley **Freeze mark 17ZC***'
Crime Ref: 11575/10/06

pic on UKHorsewatch site

the watcher

Visit site
5 Shetland ponies were stolen from Chorleywood, Bucks, overnight Sat/Sun 7th/8th October. They include 2 red and white mares about 6 years old, white manes, one very, very long. 1 red and white miniature gelding about 9years old, and two slightly larger identical chestnut mares. CRN GA9560138/06

7 standard sized donkeys were stolen from Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, on 7th/8th October. They include 1 brown and white jack donkey, about 6 years old, 1 brown and white yearling female, 1 black female with a brown colt foal, 1 WEEK OLD, and 1 brown female with brown colt foal 4 weeks old and 1 miniature light brown donkey. CRN GA 9559583/06.

Also a piebald yearling filly was stolen from Farnham Bucks on 1st Oct. She is not a cobby sort, and is microchipped. CRN
GD 9553954/06.

All these animals are much loved pets and very badly missed. Please tel Thames Valley Police on 08458 505 505 quoting the reference number. Thank you.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Stolen Sunday night (15th October) from a yard in Shenley:

Dark blue Bedford TK horsebox which they filled with : rugs,headcollars mucking out tools, childrens toys, a set of range Rover wheels,set of Mercedes wheels, wheelbarrow ,clippers and much more !!

Cut through security lighting

Crime number J1065168

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Issue Date: 16/10/2006

Title: STOLEN HORSE AND TACK

Stolen from a field in Hurston Lane Storrington between lunchtime Sunday 15th and lunchtime Monday 16th October 2006 a 10 year old black and white driving cobb with four white socks , white blaze on face and white star on chest. Magpie who is 15 hands is described as heavy cobb with a lot of feather around his feet and looks like a shire. 2 driving harness head collars and a brindle were also stolen from a sheperds hut in the field. If you have any information please contact Sussex Police on 0845 60 70 999 quoting serial 800 of 16/10/2006.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Dear Horsewatch,

Thank you for this. The registration of the lorry was OMK 663X. It was a beautiful lorry, the most reliable ever with lovely living. The horsebox had been driven into the stables causing much damage. They stole evrything we had rugs, clippers, childrens garden toys, A tumble dryer! All our feed, buckets, chaps, hats, riding boots, wellies!, coats, bandages, boots, headcollars, ropes, brooms, forks, the hose!!, gamgee, veterinary box, farriers kit, plaining equipment, lungeing equipment, gloves, electric fence, push bikes x 4, crops, ties and shirts.

The list is endless and almost senseless.

They broke in across fields cutting two sets of post and rail.
They had gone to great lengths and had broken all our security system. The stables had been observed for sometime and it was a very professional and planned operation. Thankfully they did not take our beloved horses even though they were very distressed. The stables are visible clearly from our house and there is a house next to them.

To all other members please be so vigilant of evreything, I would never want anybody to go through the heartache we have and you always think it will never happen to you. On the same day I also had to have one of my horses put to sleep. It is an experience I never want to go through again.

Please ensure you report anything you ever see as suspicous around other peoples yards, it could just help one person.

The owners of the yard have asked for this information to be irculated to Horsewatch members

Stolen Sunday night (15th October 2006) from a yard in Shenley Hertfordshire Dark blue Bedford TK horsebox which they filled with rugs,headcollars mucking out tools, childrens toys, a set of range Rover wheels,set of Mercedes wheels, wheelbarrow ,clippers and much more !!

Cut through security lighting

Crime number J1065168

the watcher

Visit site
Bengy stolen last night from Chorleywood from the people who had the Shetlands stolen 1st Oct. Approx15.2hh piebald cob gelding 9 years old. Blue eye on right, laminitis rings around hooves, four white socks, distinctive “W” where black and white meet on left side. Same method, but entered from nearby bridle path to cut fence. Left four other horses to wander onto the main road – don’t know if this was deliberate, or they could not catch/load them. Crime Reference GA 9568041/06

Photo available if some clever person can put in on the site for me

loopylis

wythallriders.proboards100.com
STOLEN FROM BROMLEY IN KENT 16.2H BAY TB/ID, BAY WITH JET BLACK MANE AND TAIL, SMALL DIAMOND SHAPE ON FACE IN WHITE NO OTHER SOCKS ETC AGED BETWEEN 18/21YRS OLD. STOLEN ON 21 OCTOBER 2006 FROM HIS STABLE. HE ALSO HAS A FREEZE MARK 57EH ON LEFT SHOULDER. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ON THE WHEREABOUTS OF THIS HORSE PLEASE PM ME. OR YOU CAN REPORT IT TO KENT POLICE OR KENTHORSEWATCH OR FARMKEY AS THEY HAVE ALL BEEN NOTIFIED HE HAS BEEN STOLEN.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.